PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Bitmaps In Shapes

CoolMoves
09-22-2000, 12:20 AM
When you make a shape and go to fill it with a bitmap, how do you move where the bitmap ends up in the shape ?

johnie
09-22-2000, 12:51 AM
In Kool Moves it can't be done.

It can be done in MS Paint though.

If you know the aproximate shape and size of your KM shape then you can edit your bitmap so that it will fit apropriatly. This will help.

1. I recomend opening two instances of MS paint and set your windows to tile. Set both instances of MS paint Side by Side and roughly the same size as each other.

2. Open up the FUN file with the shape that you want to fill hit [alt] PrintScrn.

3. Minimize Kool Moves

4. In one of the instances of MS Paint hit edit paste.

5. In the othe instance open up your Bit map

6. Size your bit map using the upper left hand corner as the begining of your shape and use the screenshot as a guide.

7. Save the Bit map.

8. Go back to Kool Moves

9. Fill your shape.

10. You will have to mask it somewhat by adding shapes the color of the background around the bitmap.

11. Group the shapes- Ha fooled you- its not an option yet. When you refer to the shapes you will have to select all of them or it wont work. Once group is an option this will solve the problem.

CoolMoves
09-22-2000, 12:55 AM
This would be a NICE feature (hint,hint) :D

johnie
09-22-2000, 01:00 AM
I agree, but I've been told it would involve morphing the bitmap which is not supported in Flash.

johnie
09-22-2000, 01:02 AM
Other SWF editors have the same problem- The ones that support this feature [fill shape with bitmap] at least.
[Edited by johnie on 09-22-2000 at 01:05 AM]

CoolMoves
09-22-2000, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by johnie
it would involve morphing the bitmap which is not supported in Flash.

Well then we will just have to call up those guys over at Macromedia and tell them to change that, and like pronto :D

Bob Hartzell
09-22-2000, 08:21 AM
The next version of KoolMoves allows you to import a bitmap and it automatically puts it in a rectangle of the proper size. There is morphing. On export, all the tweens involving shapes filled with bitmaps become keyframes. That is handled behind the scenes and you need not be concerned about it.

BradBradleySL
09-22-2000, 01:02 PM
Another tip for anyone who wants to make sure they get the sizing right, you can set the grid sizing in KoolMoves, that way you will know approx. the pixel size of the bitmap you want to create, just my two cents!:)

Brad
Cool yah!! Bitmaps, looking forward to it Bob