PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : something interesting

BradBradleySL
09-24-2000, 11:05 PM
Here is something I jsut found out recently, don't know if anyone else knows, or it could be something everyone knows but.....if you create an animation save it, and then put the .fun file into the libraries folder(where text effects are) then you can change color settings, speed, etc. just as if it was an effect, pretty nifty, huh, didn't know that was possible.

Brad

CoolMoves
09-24-2000, 11:26 PM
Oh my God !!!

I think you just discovered penicillin :D

This is so cool he he he !!!

BradBradleySL
09-24-2000, 11:35 PM
I know...think of all the possiblities we have, we could easily create are own text effect, save it, and use it anywhere and in anything:) :) This is cool(KoolMoves:)) Bob did you know it did this??

Brad

CoolMoves
09-24-2000, 11:43 PM
Well that's why they call it COOLmoves :D

I think this might open up a whole window of possibliites for Bob now. Looks like KOOLmoves has a few of it's own cool secrets that even Swish doesn't have he he he :D

CoolMoves
09-25-2000, 01:08 AM
You know if Bob could give us continuously variable speed, instead of steping it down, then that would be a very powerful creative tool. This program has so much potential. I love it !!!

Bob Hartzell
09-25-2000, 08:10 AM
I should update the insert movie screen to look more like the text effects screen. We did know this but I forget. You can create your own text effects for sharing with others. There is one tag in the fun file which is necessary for certain effects which at the moment I have to add in by hand. It is called $rmode$ and has value ripple when the effect is of the nature of a ripple through the text, i.e., each character moves in sequence. It needs to be a precise location which if you want more information I can detail.

johnie
09-25-2000, 01:54 PM
That would be great.

johnie
09-25-2000, 01:56 PM
Brad,

That is a very Cool Discover. I just tryed it and it is better than buttered bread.

sanman
09-25-2000, 02:36 PM
Hey, that sounds really neat! :)

So that means we could all go around creating things we're good at, and then swap or trade these fx with each other.
Hehe, just like trading cards. ;)

So you can create a lens flare type of movie, and then save it into the library like you said, and then you have a reusable lens flare effect.

Or an explosion.
Or a shooting star.
Or a lightning bolt.
Or an annoying bug.
Or pixie-dust /sparkles.
Or snow.
Or... wow... :D

Reminds me of C/C++, where you can create a function, then slap it together with other functions to make a bigger one, and so on.

Hehe, the C++ approach to animation! I like it! :)

sanman
09-25-2000, 02:51 PM
Hmm,

But does this fatten the filesize up, compared to if you were to re-do the same stuff from scratch right in your main movie?

Probably the opposite, right -- since you're reusing stuff, instead of re-making it multiple times.

Ok, say you had a scene of these anime-style missiles swarming all over the place, and you save it. Then you can keep re-inserting it in, and just tweak the motion paths each time, to make each instance of the re-pasted clip look different.

I'm lazy. Lazy is Kool. :D

johnie
09-25-2000, 04:52 PM
Bob,

If you could add another selection under libraries then we could use this space to share shape info between instances of the program. I think that was on the wish list, there is a long thread about it somewhere.

Call the new selection gallary [ Yeah I know I can't spell it's-Gallery] or something and add a save to gallary [Gallery] selection under the File Menu.

:Edited becuase I need to learn how to spell
[Edited by johnie on 09-25-2000 at 06:44 PM]

BradBradleySL
09-25-2000, 10:31 PM
Good idea Johnie, that would work out great if Bob can do it:)

Brad

johnie
09-26-2000, 11:06 AM
We can put a subfolder in the text effects Library to do this for us.

I wouldn't think the feature would be that hard to implement.

flashopper
09-26-2000, 07:50 PM
I haven't played around with this yet, but has BradBradley perhaps stumbled upon an early, unofficial version of a movie clip? Once the fun file is in the folder, can you size it and use it more than once in a new movie?

If so, this is a major discovery. I've been wondering who would have movie clips first between Koolmoves and Swish, and if this works, KM would get the prize and make a big jump in functionality.

Can't wait to check this out further -- thanks for the tip, Brad!...

johnie
09-27-2000, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by flashopper
I haven't played around with this yet, but has BradBradley perhaps stumbled upon an early, unofficial version of a movie clip? Once the fun file is in the folder, can you size it and use it more than once in a new movie?

If so, this is a major discovery. I've been wondering who would have movie clips first between Koolmoves and Swish, and if this works, KM would get the prize and make a big jump in functionality.

Can't wait to check this out further -- thanks for the tip, Brad!...

Kool Moves has allways allowed you to insert a movie clip. It's under File>insert Movie (Fun clips) and load movie (SWF clips). We just never had a viewer before.

If I only had 30 dollars and I had a choice to buy Swish or Kool Moves I would buy Kool Moves.

If I had 100 dollars and a special discount from Adobe to buy Live Motion for $99 or buy Kool Moves. I would buy Kool Moves and Swish over the Adobe product.

Bob Hartzell
09-27-2000, 11:18 AM
Insert movie does not create a movie clip. A movie clip if I understand it correctly has an independent timeline. When you insert movie, the timeline of the inserted movie and the underlying movie are the same. Just like for text effects.

flashopper
09-27-2000, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Bob Hartzell
Insert movie does not create a movie clip. A movie clip if I understand it correctly has an independent timeline. When you insert movie, the timeline of the inserted movie and the underlying movie are the same. Just like for text effects.

Right, I tested this last night. This is still an interesting development. It's not a true movie clip, but it's a way to re-use a file within another file at different times throughout the master movie. Good for elements that repeat...

CoolMoves
09-27-2000, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by johnie

If I only had 30 dollars and I had a choice to buy Swish or Kool Moves I would buy Kool Moves.

he he he , well I DID ONLY have 30 dollars, and I DID buy Koolmoves. And now I'm an ADDICT!!! :D