PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : KoolKit

BradBradleySL
09-29-2000, 04:11 PM
Its up,KoolKit is up, the basics at least, got the pie, just need to get the filling going. See url below for link to page:)

The footer/banner contest is still going. Probally with a deadline around November 15. Submit them for a special effects packages for KoolMoves, by the renowned Johnie.

The great thing(next to the effects package) about this contest is the free advertising on the KoolKit page, if you just want to show people your great new sight made in KoolMoves or even advertise your business then make a really great banner. The banner will be displayed till the next banner contest which we will probally hold every few months, maybe with new effects packages each time, we will see, also if Bob likes it enough he might even put it on his site if your lucky. So get cranking
Read below to find out more and post your banner entry in the footer thread here-

http://flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=30887

Hope to see some awesome use of KoolMoves.

Brad
[Edited by BradBradleySL on 10-06-2000 at 01:49 AM]

johnie
09-29-2000, 04:16 PM
Hey!

We could have prizes. How about the best footer gets a new text effects package with flare and sparkles and explode in it?

BradBradleySL
09-29-2000, 04:17 PM
Ok, you want to do that, offering:)

Brad

johnie
09-29-2000, 04:18 PM
I'll E-mail it to you by Sunday.

BradBradleySL
09-29-2000, 05:21 PM
You heard the man, whoever wins the KoolKit, KoolMoves footer creation contest wins a special pack of effects by Johnie, so get cranking in KoolMoves and send them in.

Brad

AndrewC
09-29-2000, 05:36 PM
What do you mean by a footer?

BradBradleySL
09-29-2000, 10:18 PM
Basically I just want a banner, an image which will link to the KoolMoves homepage, and show off KoolMoves animation effects, I merely said footer because thats how its displayed on forum and how they will be presented, thank you for pointing out I didn't say banner at all:) oops
Well hope to see some posts of entries.

Brad
[Edited by BradBradleySL on 09-29-2000 at 11:32 PM]

BradBradleySL
09-30-2000, 08:33 PM
Johnie-
I sent put the page layout in your idrive last night, discard it, not at all what i want, looks to plain, boring, ugh, will have the page up and available for viewing hopefully by tommorrow night, no links or such working or intro.

Brad

johnie
10-01-2000, 12:27 AM
It doesn't look that bad-I've seen much worse.

A liitle nip and tuck here and there and I'td be good.

I'm uploading more stuff.

BradBradleySL
10-01-2000, 12:31 AM
Yeah, but I want to showcase more of the features of KoolMoves, animation wise, so..... well we'll see

Brad

johnie
10-01-2000, 02:24 AM
I uploaded one file and then i-drive stoped working. Will try again tomorrow.

BradBradleySL
10-01-2000, 09:23 AM
Yeah I have idrive too, have that problem all the time.

Brad

johnie
10-01-2000, 03:15 PM
Uploaded more stuff.

BradBradleySL
10-02-2000, 11:42 PM
see top for KoolKit update

Brad

WebExec
10-03-2000, 09:52 AM
What exactly is Koolkit?

BradBradleySL
10-03-2000, 10:57 AM
KoolKit will be a resource for KoolMoves users with tutorials, downloads, and other related topics.

Brad

johnie
10-04-2000, 10:54 PM
Lets try to make the interface look something like this

http://www.rayoflight.net/

I watched the flare effect over and over to create my Flare.

I think I got it.

I will send that effect plus the others soon.

johnie
10-05-2000, 12:16 AM
Okay,

I got inspired

http://www.geocities.com/jsnider.geo/show-off.swf

I wanted to see if I could recreate the effect in KoolMoves- what do you think?

johnie
10-05-2000, 12:21 AM
and yes,

I did it all in KoolMoves.

I just need a K-O-O-L and a K-I-T

and before you ask- Yes that is an all vector based flare effect.

[Edited by johnie on 10-05-2000 at 12:26 AM]

WebExec
10-05-2000, 09:58 AM
Please......... post a tut on this one quick!

johnie
10-05-2000, 11:15 AM
It might take a while- It's really complicated but I will post the tutoriol on it ASAP.

Brad-

I'm going to work up something for the Kool Kit interface- I had a killer idea last night.

johnie
10-06-2000, 12:42 AM
http://www.geocities.com/jsnider.geo/kool-kit2.swf

Okay, I worked on it a little more.

Not quite the same though.

johnie
10-06-2000, 12:59 AM
This is the Ray of Light Effect modified and presented for the Kool Moves app instead of Flash. The tutorial on how to do this effect in Flash will not work in Kool Moves.

I'll briefly describe what I am doing.

1. I type my text.

2. Break the text into letters.

3. Copy that then paste it.

4. Transform the pasted version into shapes with points.

5. Shift the pasted version up so that it covers the text.

6. Set its transparancy to 255.

7. Switch to wire frame view.

8. Select the first letter shape and then switch to imediatly into select point.

9. Edit the points so that they hinge on the letter also remove the border line on the shape.

10. Switch back to select shape and select your shape.

11. Hit the perspective tranformation tool and move your transform your shape.

12. Append a copy of the frame to the end of the movie.

13. Select your shape and transform it some more- I find the squish and editing the points to be more effecteve than transform at this point.

14. Add a gradiant- white and transparent black is what I have- Play with the gradiant- it could be fun.

15. Append copy of frame to end of movie.

16. Transform your shape some more and then set both ends of the gradiant to 255 Transparancy.

17. If you have more than one letter then you will need to start the process on the next letter at step 14. Otherwise you are done.

I added my Flare effect and then made it move along a path latter and set the background to black as a finishing touch.

johnie
10-06-2000, 01:12 AM
The original tutorial is here:

http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/fx_rayol/tute_rayoflight.shtml

I know what I did wrong;

To completly duplicate the effect don't further tranform your shapes, make them all about the same size and go from transparent to visible to transparent.

My version is cooler though and could be used as a shadow effect instead of a light effect if you wish.

BradBradleySL
10-06-2000, 01:15 AM
Thats a cool effect Johnie, I will have the basics of the site up tonight finally, will give address when up, if you don't like, or you don't like, or have opinions, maybe we can combine our two ideas.

Brad

sorry for lack of replies, been busy with family matters, cancer has touched my family once again

BradBradleySL
10-06-2000, 01:43 AM
Ok its up, the current url is-

http://www.angelcities.com/members/ameba2/koolkit.html

There are a lot of improvements which need to be made, but something is up. Tell me what you think. Its simple a simple interface, like Koolmoves:), there will eventually be a short intro to demonstrate what KoolMoves is, so check it out.

Brad

p.s. not sure if all the links work yet so.....we will see
and yes everything is KoolMoves, though eventually somethings will be pure html like the old news page.

johnie
10-06-2000, 02:08 AM
I like it.

My idea was to animate an opening sequence and then have an anime style girl point to th different links.

I'm still planning to animate the sequence- It will take me a while I think but I have a firm idea of what I want.

The second set half of the effects package is done except for one effect.

These are better than the first set.

I believe you already saw the flare effect in action.

johnie
10-06-2000, 02:22 AM
I sent the first set on Sunday. I'm not sure that you got them though.

BradBradleySL
10-06-2000, 07:41 AM
Glad you like it, I was thinking of adding a lens flare effect to the menu. I am going to tighten it up a lot more, have a splash page open up prior to the site(need flash etc.), maybe we could incorporate your animation as the intro, for some reason the .bmp doesn't look right, don't know why, how clear does it look to you, maybe its just my browser? No, I didn't get the effects.

Brad

johnie
10-06-2000, 10:13 AM
The BMP looks a little fuzzy to me.

I'll try to resend the effects- I think I sent it to your E#-mail that went down. E-mail me again and I'll send you a password to get into sections of my I-drive. That seems to work best.

BradBradleySL
10-06-2000, 12:55 PM
ok