PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Load movie

mbain
10-03-2000, 12:41 PM
Hello,
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I can't seem to get my movie to load another movie. I went through all the steps, but it didn't seem to work. Did I miss something? Is it supposed to work when you test the main movie in the browser?
Thanks,
M

Bob Hartzell
10-03-2000, 01:31 PM
If you are testing from within KoolMoves, all files need to be in the same directory as ~player.swf.

mbain
10-03-2000, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Bob Hartzell
If you are testing from within KoolMoves, all files need to be in the same directory as ~player.swf.
I copied the ~player.swf file into the directory with the .swf and .html files, and I still can't get it to load. Will you please list the steps, so I can make sure I'm doing it correctly? Thanks.

johnie
10-03-2000, 02:58 PM
when you test in a browser from KoolMoves itself it will play from a temp directory. All of your files must be in that directory

The directory will be something like:

C:\Program Files\KoolMoves V1.55\

The other way to test it is to export then open your browser and hit type:

C:\ as the address. Browse until you find the exported SWF and then play it.

All of the files must be in the same directory regardless of where it is located (locally or on your server) or it won't work right.

The exception to this is if you want to get the Full URL. Lets say you had 1/2 your movie on server a and the other 1/2 on server B (I know this question will eventually be asked) you could type the full adress IE;

http://www.myISP.org/my directory/movie a.swf and http://www.my2Isp.org/directory name/ movie b.swf

The problem is that you need to now the exact URL before hand and chances are you will not know this until you upload.

If the above URL's show as links don't hit them they are ficticious.

I hope that helps.

WebExec
10-03-2000, 06:16 PM
Can you do a make-shift preloader using the load movie command? If so, how?

mbain
10-03-2000, 06:29 PM
Thanks, guys, that got it!

johnie
10-03-2000, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by WebExec
Can you do a make-shift preloader using the load movie command? If so, how?

Yes. Although I prefer to use the get URL command.

On the last frame insert these actions;

Stop Movie- stops current movie from playing- you could have it loop.
Get URL

Make sure that the URL that is loading has the same look as the first one.

WebExec
10-03-2000, 07:38 PM
How exactly does that preload the movie?

johnie
10-03-2000, 11:37 PM
I left out something.

To pre-load the movie the movie that you are preloading needs to have the pre-load feature activated.

This feature is found under Movie>Advanced>Preload and set it to 100%

The advantage to this is that you can have something other than Loading on the page.
Becuase the first movie will play until the next movie is fully loaded.

To just preload just pre-load a movie use this function.