PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : power point

bdeeney
04-27-2000, 10:12 PM
I'm trying to use a swf file inside powerpoint, and I'm wondering what I need to do to revert back to powerpoint after my last frame?? Is it smarter to embed the file or to call it with a hyperlink? I currently have a stop action in the last frame of the flash file, and when it is embedded in powerpoint, the powerpoint presentation just stops there--it doesn't revert to the rest of the presentation. Do I need to remove that action? Do I need to insert an empty keyframe? I haven't used powerpoint much, and also find that the movie plays sporadically. Sometimes, it works well. Sometimes though, it skips the first button I have in the movie and just plays without waiting for a mouse click. Any suggestions, thoughts, etc??

Thank you!

Pope de Flash
04-28-2000, 12:43 AM
I would embed the movie. And as far as how to transistion between flash and PP, I would fade to black and then just put a black empty slide in the next frame so you can transition manualy without seeing it. Regards, Bill

------------------
Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

8r14n
05-05-2000, 02:44 PM
I am trying to embed a shockwave flash inside PPT and have yet to the movie at all.

I've searched Flashkit and also Microsoft's web site. I can draw an area on the screen with the Control Toolbar and also find the propertie dialog window. After saving the PPT file in a folder with a copy of the swf file, setting the MOVIE parameter to the name of my movie and making sure PLAY is true....

it still never plays.

How do I embed a .swf file on the PPT slide?

Pope de Flash
05-05-2000, 05:52 PM
You have to put the address of the file in properties dialog. You do this by right clicking on the bounding box you created when the menu pops up, pick properties and then set the file path. ie:

c:\desktop\chicken.swf

Regards, Bill

------------------
Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.