PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Movie Clips in QT

sqw6614
05-09-2000, 10:43 AM
Help! I have tried exporting Flash as a QT movie and the movie clips within Flash play fine, but when using Quicktime Pro to convert the Flash QT into a video based quicktime movie, the movie clips don't play. Are the movie clips considered interactive so they won't play? Please help.

Pope de Flash
05-09-2000, 01:22 PM
The QT export out of flash is just a bit of code to let the QT player play the swf. It's not a real mov file. If you change your movie clips to graphics they will play as long as you have enough frames in the main timeline for them to play. This may or may not help. Regards, Bill

------------------
Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

ParkyX
05-15-2000, 12:56 AM
You should check and see if your version of QT Pro is the latest version because under normal circumstances QT Pro 4 should be able to play all Flash movies exported as QT format. The Flash information is stored as a seperate track in the Flash movie, same way as the text tracks are stored.

sqw6614
05-17-2000, 10:48 AM
I just got the latest version of QT Pro about 2 weeks ago, so I don't think that's why I was having problems before. The easiest thing has been to put all of the animations within the main scene, as suggested by Pope. Thanks very much for all of your help and input.