PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : KoolKit is up:)

BradBradleySL
10-06-2000, 11:22 PM
Just in case anyone missed it, KoolKit is up as of 10-5-00, updated again today the url-
is

http://www14.brinkster.com/koolkit/

Will be updated day by day, with more tutorials, downloads, examples, etc. so keep checking it out, will be moving the page in awhile so don't bookmark it yet:)
For info on what KoolKit is see the KoolKit thread below, and post if you have any examples, etc. and don't forget about the banner contest, win a special effect prize package for KoolMoves, if you submit the winning KoolMoves designed banner. The complete rules will be up 10-8-00 in the news section of KoolKit

Brad
[Edited by BradBradleySL on 10-12-2000 at 12:39 AM]

BradBradleySL
10-06-2000, 11:31 PM
warning-
text effect tutorial isn't working, will fix by 10-8-00

Brad

Bob Hartzell
10-07-2000, 04:27 PM
I'll add a link from KoolMoves.com tomorrow. Thanks for your effort in helping to enrich the KoolMoves development environment.

johnie
10-07-2000, 10:50 PM
I liked the EYE. I'll get that other stuff to you soon. I'll also get the B&W face tutorial to you.

Bob Hartzell
10-08-2000, 11:41 AM
I added the link to the KoolMoves homepage. My parnter is creating a new animation for the top half but I can't predict when it will be done. It will be interactive in the form of a game I believe.

WebExec
10-08-2000, 04:27 PM
Uploaded a text effect for KoolKit (if you want submissions).

http://www.doellefeld.com/km/fade_in_turn.zip

This is my first "effect" per say.

BradBradleySL
10-08-2000, 04:37 PM
Submissions are welcome:) That goes for everyone. Give me a little time and the site will be expanded to include peoples webpages even. Thank you WebExec!

Brad

johnie
10-08-2000, 08:29 PM
Added the footer effects to the I-drive.

BradBradleySL
10-08-2000, 10:47 PM
Will download tonight. And post examples of each in gallery section by next weekend. Johnie, are you going to make a intro to KoolKit, I thought your idea would be great, maybe have the anime girl sort of positioned like the example you showed me, have words like "do you want to expand your horizons, show you imagination, etc. etc. fade in, then have her hold a ball, and blow it, and the ball becomes the interface. Think about it.

Brad

johnie
10-08-2000, 11:17 PM
Yeah, Im still planning on it.

I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll try to have something by the end of the week.

BradBradleySL
10-09-2000, 12:06 AM
Ok KoolKit is down partially, do not go to the news section fo the site, or there will likely be a major error and your whole system will crash:( don't know why yet. Everything but News is safe to check out, downloads don't work yet and only the one tutorial post to web, or something, is still up, ugh, hope to have fixed soon.

Brad

johnie
10-09-2000, 12:07 AM
can I help?

BradBradleySL
10-09-2000, 12:29 AM
Fixed it, apparently spaces cannot be between lines of text, causes a very bad error. Everything works, but downloads and second tutorial, Johnie,if you could upload to the idrive just the .swf of the text effects tutorial, and make sure all the tutorials you send/upload are just in .swf format. Makes things a little easier. Thanks for the help.

Brad

johnie
10-09-2000, 01:49 AM
Will do.

johnie
10-09-2000, 01:56 AM
it is tut2.swf

BradBradleySL
10-09-2000, 12:58 PM
Thank you

Brad

johnie
10-09-2000, 02:38 PM
the page appears to be down.

johnie
10-09-2000, 06:03 PM
Brad,

add this peice of HTML to repair Kool Kit.

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id=test4 width=765 height=400 codebase="http://active.macromedia.com/flash2/cabs/swflash.cab#version=3,0,0,0">

add it right under the Table Tag.

I think that will fix it. Not 100% sure though.

BradBradleySL
10-09-2000, 10:57 PM
Yeah I know, I was editing it, got distracted, will be posting a new url

Brad

johnie
10-09-2000, 11:29 PM
That's cool.

Why are you switching servers?

How about using tradewinds or xoom- lots of space.

BradBradleySL
10-10-2000, 12:39 PM
OK!!!! After much trips and stumbles, I have KoolKit on a new and better server. The Downloads will be up by the end of the night, everything is back up and happy, the new url- and final is

The tutorials are working, all movies in gallery are working, other then Johnie's Flare Effect, Johnie is that on the idrive?, and once again all the downloads will be back up tonight, and should have more up, so check her out, will also fix the splash page.

Brad

johnie
10-10-2000, 04:36 PM
The Flare effect is on in package 2 of the competition effects- I'll add a swf example.

did you see this?

http://www.everyone.net/main/html/index.html

We could offer KoolKit users free Webmail.

johnie
10-10-2000, 04:47 PM
an example resides at this url:

http://www.geocities.com/jsnider.geo/show-off.swf

Right click and save target as.

Put it into an HTML with a dark background ( I prefer black) color and then set Wmode to transparent.

You'll have that example then.

[Edited by johnie on 10-10-2000 at 04:52 PM]

BradBradleySL
10-10-2000, 09:14 PM
Cool, lets give it a try, how about the free chat, forum, or should we just stick to this forum? Have you started working on the intro, because the first few frames of your animation are what i thought would be cool to put on the splash page, as the "if you don't see this, then you need....blahblahblah" And I couldn't save your .swf, it said not available, etc.etc. Put on your idrive downloading stuff tonight

Brad

BradBradleySL
10-10-2000, 09:38 PM
downloads are up in KoolKit

Brad

BradBradleySL
10-10-2000, 09:46 PM
Johnie-

the guest access to idrive.com is out of service, could you email me the second installment of special effects, I think you said you had them done, I want to post some examples of the effects.

Brad

johnie
10-10-2000, 10:32 PM
I'll send them tonight.

I was thinking add chat and E-mail. We could add a Kool Moves Site Check Forum.

I got something on Sticky shapes and Will send that to, Its kinda funny.

johnie
10-10-2000, 10:57 PM
Sent it.

this is the Sticky Shapes stuff

http://www.geocities.com/jsnider.geo/stickyshapes.swf

I did this in less than 5 Min.

Go ahead and mouse over it I dare ya to.

BradBradleySL
10-10-2000, 11:04 PM
Cool! Frames and a bunch of buttons? I had an idea for a game doing that, will probally implement, when I have some time.

Brad

johnie
10-10-2000, 11:04 PM
I started the Intro, the girl is diffrent. It will be cool give me time-I'm getting there.

The E-mail gives you 6K and seems reliable.

johnie
10-10-2000, 11:05 PM
Its only 1 frame.

BradBradleySL
10-10-2000, 11:08 PM
See a game in KoolMoves would be cool, because of the easy swap ability and reusability of the .fun files in the program, it would be great for a teaching game, where the words could be changed easily, or any game for that matter, I am going to try and make the classic shooter game missile commander, shouldn't be really hard, just will take awhile.

Brad

BradBradleySL
10-10-2000, 11:11 PM
Reallllly? Care to share the knowledge? Load movie, or mouse over, with buttons, have the buttons normal setting be black, and then have it change to red when over?

Brad

johnie
10-10-2000, 11:16 PM
I'll share

this is the start of the girl animation

http://www.geocities.com/jsnider.geo/sample.swf

I thought about it we could get away with more in our own forum.

The Frame is several transparent buttons, I created one then pasted them all across the page- When you mouse over it changes to red. I could use it to animate a sequence with each one. I was thinking about a game but without scrippting there really isn't to much we could do right now.

johnie
10-10-2000, 11:18 PM
She's only half drawn though. I haven't had a lot of time.

BradBradleySL
10-10-2000, 11:19 PM
Yeah there is, give me a few minutes working on simple sequence now, remember think back to basic man:)

Brad

BradBradleySL
10-10-2000, 11:45 PM
Ok here is a simple example, of what I am thinking, more complicated graphics, and sound, and well better with more developing, hey it looks like a basic game:)

Just a simple Missile Command game, no turret, just click missles with mouse before it hits building or game is over, enjoy:)

http://www.angelcities.com/members/ameba2/game.html

Brad

BradBradleySL
10-10-2000, 11:55 PM
It would be great if we could post a game on Flashkit made by KoolMoves, would maybe attract more attention to the product and show that with some ingenuity you can accomplish a lot in the program:)

Brad

johnie
10-11-2000, 10:36 AM
Kool Kit Forum would be a better place. That's what I meant by we could get away with moore in our own forums.

WE could allow sounds, and we would also be able to get away from the PG- well in my opinion G rated censorship.

johnie
10-11-2000, 10:40 AM
I tried the game and I moused over the missle but it didn't blow up.

What I meant was that yes, Games could be designed, but the problem is that objects at this time can't interact with each other and you can't assign a random start point to objects and you have no way of keeping score.

johnie
10-11-2000, 10:42 AM
I think we could post our games to flashkit but they would be lumped in with the Flash Games.

johnie
10-11-2000, 10:47 AM
Brad,

Did you get the Zip Files?

As soon as I-Drive is functioning you should go and grab all of my stuff off of it and put it on the Kool KIt Site.

jmowrey
10-11-2000, 11:40 AM
Hi - I'm interested in looking at this application but the link is not working. Thanks.

Juliet

Originally posted by BradBradleySL
Just in case anyone missed it, KoolKit is up as of 10-5-00, updated again today the url-
for now

http://www.angelcities.com/members/ameba2/Koolkit.html

Will be updated day by day, with more tutorials, downloads, examples, etc. so keep checking it out, will be moving the page in awhile so don't bookmark it yet:)
For info on what KoolKit is see the KoolKit thread below, and post if you have any examples, etc. and don't forget about the banner contest, win a special effect prize package for KoolMoves, if you submit the winning KoolMoves designed banner. The complete rules will be up 10-8-00 in the news section of KoolKit

Brad
[Edited by BradBradleySL on 10-06-2000 at 11:28 PM]

johnie
10-11-2000, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by jmowrey
Hi - I'm interested in looking at this application but the link is not working. Thanks.

Juliet

Originally posted by BradBradleySL
for now

http://www.angelcities.com/members/ameba2/Koolkit.html

Brad
[Edited by BradBradleySL on 10-06-2000 at 11:28 PM]

The new link is:

It was moved because the first Web Space provider didn't allow zip files.

jmowrey
10-11-2000, 11:56 AM
Ok - thank you!

BradBradleySL
10-11-2000, 12:10 PM
Johnie, you have to click on the missles for it to work and they don't really blow up they just kind of vanish and another missle comes in from a different angle. And yeah we should post on KoolKit, maybe both, to get some exposure. Yeah we could get away with more, but don't want to overdue it, keep it professional thats all.

Brad

johnie
10-11-2000, 02:38 PM
I got it to work.

Cute little game.

BradBradleySL
10-12-2000, 12:32 AM
KoolKit updated, hope everything works, will check now, check out the missile command game beta 2(updated, better graphics, little longer) and new tutorial, more coming soon.

Brad

johnie
10-12-2000, 10:25 AM
I see you added a score to the game.

How manny missles do you hit before the game ends?

BradBradleySL
10-12-2000, 10:33 AM
I think its six missles, the last one is the hardest, fast:) Had to make it a challenge, or what would be the point. Yeah I added a score, I am going to try and improve it, here and there, give it sounds, an intro, more rounds etc. etc. It only took about an hour and a half so thats pretty good I would think.

Brad

johnie
10-12-2000, 10:39 AM
Its neet.

We could do basic linear RPGS with Kool Moves.

BradBradleySL
10-12-2000, 10:43 AM
Yeah that would be cool. Want to collaborate on one?

Brad

johnie
10-12-2000, 11:35 AM
Sure.

BradBradleySL
10-15-2000, 09:48 PM
Will have access to forum, and email by mid-week(signed up today), will have another tutorial up, maybe some sounds, more images in gallery(Johnie, anybody have something they would like to submit, and Johnie hows that template coming for tutorials, not pushing, know your busy) Um...and a few other things, fix the game probally, well thats the update.

Brad

johnie
10-16-2000, 02:08 PM
I'll try to get the template out tonight.

BradBradleySL
10-17-2000, 08:49 PM
Ok, gotta face the facts, I am sick, must go take 3 500 mg of Vitamin C and then when I get better I will work on KoolKit, sorry everyone for the delay:(

Brad

johnie
10-18-2000, 09:29 PM
Template is done and sent.

I added a bunch of Screenshots of the APP (30) along with the .Fun File.

Brad, your footer is dead- The URL is more than likely bad.

BradBradleySL
10-18-2000, 10:59 PM
Ok, feeling a little better, Johnie thanks for sending all the info and stuff, I think I got them all, been pretty out of it for the past week, ugh flu, looks like a bunch of things have happened in the past week that I didn't completely realize, uh, javascript, neat, some interesting stuff you got up and going, your going to have to explain in mild detail how to incorporate the javascript so I can get the score in the missle game to work, my mind is kinda running on dead mode so.....type very very slowly please

Brad

BradBradleySL
10-18-2000, 11:00 PM
OH yeah footer, thanks

Brad

johnie
10-18-2000, 11:09 PM
The tut and example explain how to putthe score on it.

Basically you have to put a text box on the HTML with a Nul value

You also have to define your score var.

In my example I used a as the var.

Then in Kool Moves make a shape that has the action get URL.

Then you place the java script in it-

this is the line I think:

javascript: window.document.textarea[name].textvalue=a

;that is a divider

a=a+1 you could have it equal 100 or a thousand

;

window.document.refresh without this it wont work becuase you went to an URL- what you are doing is telloing it to refresh the page you were on. That last part is where Monkey Pants went astray. I had the same problem when I was generating HTML within Java Script- see my this is cool script that hackked flashopper off. The reason why he was upset is becuase you can make it look like you hacked- well you could hack this forum- with that script. What it does is replace the generated HTML with the pages HTML. The only way to return to it is by hittng the back button

johnie
10-18-2000, 11:41 PM
The people in the swish board are more than smart enough to write scripts much worse than this.

The reason why we have VB code in this forum is supposidly because it is safer than HTML. The fact is VB code is not safer than Javascript. VB code in a skilled programers hands, and yes they are out there, is much more dangerous than HTML and javascript.

The only reason why it is safer is because not to many people know VB script. I know a little bit- enough to write MS office Macros and Scripts for MS databases- yes there is money in that... to be honest there is a lot of money in that.

That is also why Netscape cannot view the footers correctly. Netscape- which is built around the w3c's recomendations instead of their own code- does not support VB script. VB script was developed and is exclusivly the property of Microsft. Microsoft also implemented their own Enmac (Java Script) functions, Direct X, and something called VML- what the W3C turned down in favor of SVG.

Gotta love those guys over at Microsoft.

BradBradleySL
10-18-2000, 11:59 PM
Forums are available for KoolKit, thats all I am doing tonight, more tomorrow, to get the Forums click the link on the splash page, the forums will also have a link on the inside(not yet though) they will be on both, for people who want to talk but maybe don't have a flash plug-in..etc..you know the routine.

Brad

BradBradleySL
10-19-2000, 12:09 AM
Johnie-
Could you go to the forum and try to chat with me, I want to see if it works, it would be great if we could have an easy access way of having weekly chats about KoolMoves...etc.
I am there now
Brad

BradBradleySL
10-19-2000, 12:18 AM
Ok I am gone.....try it tomorrow maybe, everyone feel free to post:)

Brad

johnie
10-19-2000, 11:11 AM
I was in bed, Lets try today.

Pick a Time and I'll be there. Keep in mind that I am in Centeral Time and like to get to bed around 10:30-11:00 on most nights.
[Edited by johnie on 10-19-2000 at 11:26 AM]

BradBradleySL
10-19-2000, 09:55 PM
Johnie, everyone interested I am in the chatroom

Brad

BradBradleySL
10-19-2000, 10:47 PM
Ok, nevermind, we will set a time sometime, but anyway, Johnie I downloaded everything you sent me, looks good, will have it up as soon as possible, lets keep it up, great work.

Brad

johnie
10-19-2000, 10:50 PM
Lets set a time.

BradBradleySL
10-20-2000, 07:34 AM
Ok, tonight at 9:00 PM pacific daylight time, and anyone else who wants to come is welcome as well, of course.

Brad

johnie
10-20-2000, 10:40 AM
okay,

thats good for me

Conversion guide

9:00 Pacific
10:00 Mountain
11:00 Central
12:00 Eastern

I don't know the times outside of North America but Flash Kit uses Eastern Time.

johnie
10-20-2000, 11:00 PM
I am in the Chat room 7:51 Pacific Time. I will stay until 9:15 Pacific time

johnie
10-21-2000, 12:34 AM
Brad,

I was in there from about 7:50 Pacific to 9:15 Pacific.

Flash Kit times are given in Eastern Time. I assumed since you wanted to Chat at 9:00 PM Pacific that you lived on the West Coast, but since you were in at 9:00 PM Eastern Perhaps you live on the East Coast. Perhaps you don't live in North America at all and got confused by the times.

In North America the Time zones Range from;

The East Coast to a little past Chicago: Eastern
Mid Illinois to about Nebraska: Central
Nebraska to about Nevada: Mountain
Nevada to the West Coast: Pacific

this link will explain better:

http://www.timeticker.com/main.htm

Keep in mind that not all countries use Daylight Savings Time and some countries like the UK use GMT.

AndrewC
10-21-2000, 05:20 AM
Re: Timeticker site above - That's good use of flash

BradBradleySL
10-24-2000, 11:26 PM
KoolKit update:) Finally right:)

Johnie-intro? Just want to know how its coming, i know none of us have much time:)

Brad

WebExec
10-25-2000, 12:18 AM
Will you guys be doing any regular scheduled chats?

BradBradleySL
10-25-2000, 07:28 AM
We talked about it, last time we tried to chat, times got confused:) by me. Johnie, is there a time where you can always be there, may be we can have a time where we meet once a week or once a month.

Brad

johnie
10-25-2000, 10:14 AM
Typically Monday evennings are good for me.

The Intro is comming along, about 45% complete.

johnie
10-25-2000, 05:05 PM
Brad,

Have you ever used POV Raytracer, Alice, or the Blender for 3-D rendering. If so which is easiest to use.

(Oh yeah the links if you guys want to try these 3-D Tools-all of them are Free;

Alice: http://www.alice.org
POV Ray Tracer: http://www.povray.org
Blender: http://www.blender.nl

I've used the Blender a bit but was completly confused.

BradBradleySL
10-25-2000, 09:09 PM
I have used them all. They are pretty good programs for the price:) free!

Well here is my opinion on them-

The easiest is
PovRay-great interface, simple, great help documentation, and lots of support, you can find tons of stuff all over the net, but its pretty limited in what you can do, forget really complicated animations and such, but I have seen people to tremendous things with the software, but it take time, plus it take up a lot of space if you want to accomplish anything

The hardest is
Alice-you need to be able to program, basically Python script, and it takes some time to learn everything the program to do, I gave up, plus the results aren't high quality at all, and it is limited unless you know a lot about Python scripting. Also there isn't a lot of help with the program

Finally the best all-around is
Blender-at first the interface is, like, um, duh, it seems really complicated, while actual it is organized in a efficient fashion, for example, all tools for modeling are in this section, all tools for textures, lighting, all in this section, though it does take time to master, but you Blender can give you much better results in rendering, and in abilities, plus they have a good support for there product, you can even purchase a manual if you want, or check out all the tutorials on the site.

Well thats my review,
and I am forever

Brad