PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : audio not importing with video.

pankow
08-09-2002, 04:52 AM
Am trying to import(embedded) video files into MX.
OSX, Q.T. 5.0.2.
Have tried both .mov and dv files and each time in the
import window, am getting message"The audio in this file can not be imported". Video comes in fine, just with no audio.
I know MX is supposed to have problems with .mpg audio, but any ideas how to why or how to solve? thanks.

Jonathan_B
08-09-2002, 03:24 PM
Is it possible that your audio is protected in some way? I know that Quicktime files can have protected audio that won't import properly.

jb
http://www.wildform.com

pankow
08-10-2002, 06:27 AM
hmmm. suppose this is a possibility. just noticed after posting this that was able to import audio on some and not others.

while i'm here, really want to ask someone also if you or anyone knows or heard any speculation if Macromedia in Flash 7 is finally planning on simply allowing to load external video files directly into a .swf (via a loadMovie command), without having to convert to .swf first.
We are building a dynamic video/storytelling app for CD and web, and the project is really contingent on this possibility for the next version as there are often quite a large number media files (painfully time consuming for flix or embedding in flash individually)( and client is set on moving the project from director to flash).
any gossip/speculation would help.
thanks again,

Jonathan_B
08-12-2002, 02:05 PM
Hi.
I haven't heard anything about that, but it seems it would add a lot of file size to the player to enable it to play all those other file formats.
Of course you can link to an external .mov file now.
What exactly do you mean about "painfully time consuming"? You can just batch encode the files with Flix and come back when they're done.
jb

pankow
08-12-2002, 03:25 PM
yes. was a big draw to use flix's ability to do batch processes, and I dont mean to say that flix is slow, actually its quite good I think and does a great job. but the video clips are all collected by students for his or her project and some of the students' files are often over 30M or higher sometimes, and quite often there can be 40 or more of these per project. and this could take... quite a long time.

but when you say can already link to external .mov's you mean by a get url that opens the quick time player window?
what we're really trying to accomplish is keep it all within one player, loading it into a flash player, via a loadMovie Method, but obviously with video.
and although from within a brower is easier, could target a frame to load a mov, but this eliminates possibility for a stand alone player.

many, many thanks
d

Jonathan_B
08-12-2002, 03:31 PM
Yes, if you link to an .mov the end user will still need the Quicktime player as well as the Flash player.
Based on your comments, you may want to consider looking into the Flix SDK which would allow you to post Flix on a server and allow the students to upload their videos and have Flix automatically convert them at that time. If you want more information on that, contact me directly.
jb
jb@wildform.com