PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Help playing QT video on Flash

gewalt
08-22-2002, 12:31 PM
Does anyone know how to play QT movies in Flash with controls (play,pause,etc.) like in Director? How can I do it? What codec should I use for the videos?
I'm trying to make a video catalog to show my 3D video portfolio and I don't want to use Director for that.
Thanks!

phreakdevil
08-22-2002, 12:44 PM
If the video is a .mov you can import it in flsh mx with no problem, and you can do some buttons with the stop/play actions, and in mx you can embed the video and plubish a .exe with no problem.
However if you are using a high quality video and are going to run it fullscreen you might have some problems playing it in a PII and lower pc, my advise on that would be to keep it as tight and simple as you can, and try it in slow ps`c before you burn your cd`s.
Hope that helps.

Justmade
08-22-2002, 01:29 PM
LPFlashEx can provide you a very easy way to load and control your meida files directly in flash without importing them. Please note however that it is PC only tool.

You may want to have a look at the following samples :
http://www.lpflashex.com/dl/MovieSamplesV2.zip (161KB)

There are 5 samples in the file
You can start test with publishing MovieMouseClick.fla or MMPMouseClick.fla to EXE which shown some more advanced functions. When looking at sources code, you can start with the 2 simple one first.

ChooseMovie.fla show how to write code that support both media playing engin LPFlashEx provided and let user (or your action script code) to choose at run time.

The two engin :
Movie (using Window Media Player OCX) is well testing and used by our many customer. Some also send their production using LPFlashEx for Lab test in over 20 computers with different OS (95/98/Me/2K/XP) and different hardware and scored 100% pass without any error / warning. Media Player 6.4 + is needed to play movie this way. You can use the OCX detection event to prompt user to install Media Player using your included installer or use LPFlashEx download action to download installer from Microsoft. You can see this in MovieMouseClick.fla.

MMP is a newer engin which make direct call to system to let it play media with whatever codec it got so it dont depend on a specific program. For example, if the user had any program that registered it codec to playback mpg file with system, MMP should be able to play it. It also support Audio CD playback and we may act more support to it later such as sound recording.

phreakdevil
08-22-2002, 02:07 PM
Ok im very interested in this also, the thing is that if i use a mpeg 4 compresion (div x codec) the pc that will play it using LPFlashEx will need also that codec right? so what i can do is to direct them to the microsoft site and have them download it, the question is : Can i download it and record it in the presentation cd and make it install it if it checks and see that it needs it and without telling anything to the user? or asking, whatever i dont care, but can i do it, because since it is freeware there`s no prob with microsoft right??
Is LPFlashEx a freeware??

enpstudios
08-22-2002, 02:44 PM
Quicktime Control Component:

http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=360244