PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Digital Video Files - help pls

fujboy34
08-24-2002, 01:53 PM
Hey guys,
I' actually trying to use Flash MX paint onto a digital movie i'm making. Well my camera shoots video at 720 x 480. I capture it with adobe premiere but when I try to import the avi into Flash MX, it says the resolution is only 360 x 240... half of what it really is... I try movies that I've downloaded and they import just fine... what the dillio? since i'm trying to make a digital movie, I can't use the 320 x 240 cuz the quality is poor.

Wheels
08-24-2002, 02:02 PM
I can't give you an explanation as to why your .avi is coming in at half the size, but keep in mind - 720x480 won't fly anyway. It's way too big for Flash or your browser to handle.

Try converting to .mov then import to Flash.

5G

jakeinomics
08-25-2002, 05:16 AM
Make sure your scale slider when importing is set at 100% if you've used MX for something and set it to 50% it will remember this setting. Also for flash video try to leave the footage as uncompressed as possible before you bring it in.

But this size movie will throw up lots of other issues for use on the web.

Later

Wheels
08-25-2002, 05:52 AM
Just got thru with a long night of testing, and I have to this to report:

1. Initial file size is not really an issue. I had two files, one was 200mb raw .mov - the other was Sorenson 3 .mov at 50mb. I ran them both thru Spark Pro to .swf and found the same quality for both. I think the file ended up aroud 12mb.

2. The biggest movie I was able to create before things got too big or too choppy was 480x282 (trailer size). I started with an 18mb trailer and ended up with 11mb before I began to see degradation. The quality was as good as the original QT .mov and the sound stayed in sync. I think it was a Sorenson .mov.

5G