PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Flash MX file to mpeg?

Marksilk
08-25-2002, 02:07 PM
I need to make an mpeg2 from a flash file, but I can't seem to find out how. I'm new to flash and I'm not sure if I need an outside program or not. If so which one.

enpstudios
08-25-2002, 02:35 PM
Moved from Flash MX Help!!

I am pretty sure you'll have to export as another extension then use an outside program to convert it.

phreakdevil
08-26-2002, 02:56 AM
Well, you need another software to accomplish that. . i could reccomend you to exporta as a .avi movie and use a mpeg4 (divx) codec compression. That`s very good quality and low file size, if you need a mpeg2 movie and only that then i reccomend you use Qt pro because its a very-easy-to-use software (what you do is download the regular qt and BUY the pro license). But it will export the file as a mpeg4 i dont know if that works for you, however why cant you use a .avi file??
Hope that was helpfull, let me know how it went.

Marksilk
08-28-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by phreakdevil
Well, you need another software to accomplish that. . i could reccomend you to exporta as a .avi movie and use a mpeg4 (divx) codec compression. That`s very good quality and low file size, if you need a mpeg2 movie and only that then i reccomend you use Qt pro because its a very-easy-to-use software (what you do is download the regular qt and BUY the pro license). But it will export the file as a mpeg4 i dont know if that works for you, however why cant you use a .avi file??
Hope that was helpfull, let me know how it went. Thank you for the help. I can't use an .avi because it will be running on a video board using a linux server. The video board is triggered with motion. I tryed using qt but could not figure out how to convert to an mpeg2. I'mm so new to it I feel brain dead.
[Edited by marksilk on 08-28-2002 at 07:12 PM]