PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : video preloader **************************

meneerkePrutser
08-26-2002, 09:19 AM
Is it possible to preload (0-->100%) video (as a seperate swf) on a level. It works when there's no video in the swf, but when there's video in it, my movie is "stoned" till the movie is in his cache. Video +- 30MB (It's for a CD, not online)

tx a lot !!!

enpstudios
08-26-2002, 11:32 AM
Moved from Flash MX Help !!

phreakdevil
08-26-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by meneerkePrutser
Is it possible to preload (0-->100%) video (as a seperate swf) on a level. It works when there's no video in the swf, but when there's video in it, my movie is "stoned" till the movie is in his cache. Video +- 30MB (It's for a CD, not online)

tx a lot !!!

I think you need to explain that better, Is your preload movie 30 megs????

meneerkePrutser
08-27-2002, 02:40 AM
I load a swf containing a video of +-30 MB into level1 and i want to make a preloader in level0. (it's for a cdRom)
Hope that's clearer.

Wheels
08-27-2002, 03:17 AM
Well, you just need to create something like:

loadMovieNum("vid.swf", 1);
_level1.stop();

onClipEvent(enterFrame) or onEnterFrame

preload = _level1.getBytesLoaded/_level1.getBytesTotal;

The rest is pretty standard, just check _root.preload and go _level1.play(); when you have enough preloaded to start playing the video (you decide);

5G

meneerkePrutser
08-27-2002, 03:36 AM
that's exactly what i'm doing. Normally it works but when i try it with a video in the swf (instead of big JPGs), my movie freezes for a little while. Is it possible that it's because the video is to big. But i thought that's where a preloader is for.

Wheels
08-27-2002, 03:53 AM
I'm not sure, but one glitch with loading this way is that Flash wants to load all the content before it starts playing. I have yet to make a CD projector with MX, but in F5 one workaround is to make a blank movie - then load your main movie into the blank movie with an action on the first frame of the blank movie:

loadMovieNum("main.swf", 0);

Just watch your targeting, things can get out of whack real quick, I just use _level instead of _root when targeting.

This seems to take care of streaming issues in F5, might be worth a try.

5G

meneerkePrutser
08-27-2002, 04:37 AM
just tried, but no success!!

Wheels
08-27-2002, 09:19 AM
So you are loading the .swf to a level right? What is the system you are testing this on? What is your video card like? How much RAM?

The only other thing I can think of is you may want to set the memory of your projector to the largest file size you will be importing - I believe JohathanB from http://www.flix.com had a message here recently regarding that issue with the projector.

I don't remember exactly how it's done, but it's easy.

5G

Jonathan_B
08-27-2002, 03:43 PM
Hi.
JonathanB from http://www.wildform.com here (we don't have the flix url wheels, though it would be nice if we did :).

You cannot preload a Flash video on a CD. Because of the way Flash works, when you have a SWF on CD, the Flash player loads the entire file into memory before it starts to play. Preloaders are just for web deployment.

jb
http://www.wildform.com/flix

meneerkePrutser
08-28-2002, 11:07 AM
So using streaming audio offline is also not useful?

phreakdevil
08-28-2002, 01:37 PM
It is useful in the sense of sync, what it does is sync the audio with the movie, with what`s happening in the movie(images-video-etc) so it wont play the audio unless it plays the animation that is on the same frame, sometimes you want that, and sometimes you dont, it depends on the case.