PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : New baby needs help :(

devil1a1
09-01-2002, 05:10 PM
hey guys i need ur help on this one.
i have a avi file which i want to import into flash mx. which is the best possible way to import it? ( if there is such a way) so that my .swf file can be as small as possibe.
you c i need to put the avi on the web and i prefer making it into a .swf then sending it on the web.

here are some problems i faced when working with mx.
1- when i had the avi compressed pritty well (size - 667k ) the .swf file that be created would be large than the avi it self.
2 - if i dint go for compressionit (size 10.345k) its still made the .swf fairly larger.

wtf should i do?

also it there any possible way to link an .avi to play with the .swf i know you can link a quyicktime movie. but the quicktime format again becomes larger than the .avi

let me know if u come up with anything
thank guys .

Edited language
[Edited by Wheels on 09-02-2002 at 02:35 PM]

enpstudios
09-01-2002, 07:46 PM
Use Sorenson Squeeze or Wildform Flix to compress it and then import it:

http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/tip/017.html

devil1a1
09-02-2002, 01:31 AM
i wish i had those softwares..... :( my bad luck
anyway around that problem?

enpstudios
09-02-2002, 09:05 AM
I think they both have trial downloads

phreakdevil
09-02-2002, 12:55 PM
Ok, i had the same problem once, try this: when you import the video, a dialog box appears, it will ask you a few things, 1st the quality, set it up to 70% (that was good enough for me) if it isnt then go on trying untill you get an acceptable quality, (that`s the first compression you are giving to your video), then it will ask about the keyframe interval (that`s the second compression) if it is for web i suggest a 24 k-i, and 3rd it`s the scale if your video has the exact size then live it at 100% if it doesnt go down and down untill you get the exact size, that WILL get your file size down.

Try that and let me know how it went, dont go buying software you dont need till you try that, mx is supposed to accomplish that without any extra software, it just takes a litle patience untill you figure it out. . .
I did it without any external software.
Good luck.

devil1a1
09-03-2002, 01:45 AM
thank you thank you thank you !
that did the trick!
phreakdevil thank's a lot bud! if u live in the northern NJ area i might take u out for a beer. :)

although i will try to fool a bit with the size a little more. i want to make it smaller than 100K

phreakdevil
09-03-2002, 10:09 AM
No prob. im glad i could help, about that beer . . i wish i could but i dont even live in the states, so i dont think so.. but thanks for the offer!!! (that`s the magic word for me you know?? beer)
Take care.
Any help in anything else, let me know.

devil1a1
09-03-2002, 12:17 PM
thank you :)