PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Exporting dynamic Math to EPS

j_mac
09-02-2002, 04:31 PM
Here's what I need help with. I have some files where I use Math to dynamically create visual effects. Since the graphics are not created directly in the Flash authoring environment, I can't export any of these as EPS files. Is there a way to do it? I'd like to be able to take the images created by the Math scripts and use it for print work. I know that I can always take screen shots, but that won't really work well for print work.

j_mac
09-04-2002, 12:58 AM
Does silence mean that no one knows, or that it can't be done.

brutfood
09-04-2002, 05:44 AM
I'm interested to know the answer too. I know that Perl+gnu can create .jpg, .gif and .png files - perhaps the way to create .eps files can also be done using Perl or some server-side technique.

I'm not sure that the maths and physics forum is the place to ask the question though.

BlinkOk
09-04-2002, 06:11 AM
if you're keen enough to generate .eps files then mabey you should look at the macromedia third party development system (i think it's free), have a look at their site http://www.flash.com. it has been used by swish swift3d etc and gives you the ability to generate .swf files. i would also look at generator and director mabey these products can generate/convert your eps to a suitable format.
hope this helps

j_mac
09-04-2002, 08:27 PM
Well, I posted it here because it was with some of my math scripts that I was wanting to do it to. It's the kind of stuff in Flash Math Creativity. You only get the image once you are actually running the script.

Does that make sense? I'm not sure if I explained that well enough.