PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : !!! VIDEO STUTTER BUG IN MX (?)

liquid_len
09-04-2002, 02:14 AM
Hello,
I've created an instructional cd-rom with flash mx and im having a major problem! The embedded video stutters and stops working properly about four or five videos (swf's) into the cd....here are some of the technical specifications...

The swf's are chained together, with no swf being any larger than 20 megs.

It is designed for windows only.

I used the following script to load and unload as the user progresses (pushes menu buttons) thruogh the presentation:

on (release) {
unloadMovie("_root.vid hold");
loadMovie("basic delete beam.swf", "_root.vid hold");
}

The movie's/swf's are published for a standalone projector..

Does anyone know a fix or has experienced the same problem?
Does the flashplayer update fix this, and do I then simply republish the movie's and /or include the update flashplayer for them to use as a projector?
Should I make an installer for the cd to fix this, and if so ...any links to creating installers for MX?

This seems to me a VERY SERIOUS bug, as this has scuttled weeks of work.....
It ran fine on my machine, but screwed up when others played the cd...
PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!

Wheels
09-04-2002, 02:27 AM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is a well documented problems with the MX projector. Video stutters.

I'm sure someone will be along to explain the finer details, the Flix guys seem to have a pretty good handle on the issues:

http://board.flashkit.com/board/forumdisplay.php?forumid=42

Good luck, don't do anything drastic - think about your family.

5G

Jonathan_B
09-04-2002, 02:54 PM
Hi.
We are still waiting for a fix. No news yet. When I hear something I will post it.
It appears to affect video and audio played off a CD rom with load movie, with audio set to stream.
It does not happen on all machines.
jb
http://www.wildform.com

Jonathan_B
09-04-2002, 09:31 PM
Ok. I heard back from MM and they are working on it. I don't have an eta on a fix, but as soon as I know more, I'll post it.

jb
http://www.wildform.com

liquid_len
09-12-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by liquid_len
Hello,
I've created an instructional cd-rom with flash mx and im having a major problem! The embedded video stutters and stops working properly about four or five videos (swf's) into the cd....here are some of the technical specifications...

The swf's are chained together, with no swf being any larger than 20 megs.

It is designed for windows only.

I used the following script to load and unload as the user progresses (pushes menu buttons) thruogh the presentation:

on (release) {
unloadMovie("_root.vid hold");
loadMovie("basic delete beam.swf", "_root.vid hold");
}

The movie's/swf's are published for a standalone projector..

Does anyone know a fix or has experienced the same problem?
Does the flashplayer update fix this, and do I then simply republish the movie's and /or include the update flashplayer for them to use as a projector?
Should I make an installer for the cd to fix this, and if so ...any links to creating installers for MX?

This seems to me a VERY SERIOUS bug, as this has scuttled weeks of work.....
It ran fine on my machine, but screwed up when others played the cd...
PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!

Justmade
09-12-2002, 12:25 PM
You may consider trying some alternative way of playing your video file.

LPFlashEx can let you load and control your external video files in flash without importing them. They can play at origianl quality, quick startup and have low CPU/RAM consumtion.

You may want to have a look at the following samples :
http://www.lpflashex.com/dl/MovieSamplesV2.zip (161KB)

There are 5 samples in the file
You can start test with publishing MovieMouseClick.fla or MMPMouseClick.fla to EXE which shown some more advanced functions. When looking at sources code, you can start with the 2 simple one first.

ChooseMovie.fla show how to write code that support both media playing engin LPFlashEx provided and let user (or your action script code) to choose at run time.

The two engin :
Movie (using Window Media Player OCX) is well testing and used by our many customer. Some also send their production using LPFlashEx for Lab test in over 20 computers with different OS (95/98/Me/2K/XP) and different hardware and scored 100% pass without any error / warning. Media Player 6.4 + is needed to play movie this way. You can use the OCX detection event to prompt user to install Media Player using your included installer or use LPFlashEx download action to download installer from Microsoft. You can see this in MovieMouseClick.fla.

MMP is a newer engin which make direct call to system to let it play media with whatever codec it got so it dont depend on a specific program. For example, if the user had any program that registered it codec to playback mpg file with system, MMP should be able to play it. It also support Audio CD playback and we may act more support to it later such as sound recording.

If you need more info or have any questions. You are welcomed to visit our web site and email me.