PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : exporting streaming swf from MX -mask problem

franticcut
09-16-2002, 02:19 PM
Hi,

Can anyone help with this?
I have exported uncompressed Premiere generated Quicktime video movs into flv's through from Squeeze and into MX, made a video controller and set a streaming preloader, no problems. It goes onto the web well.

But just add one tiny mask to round the corners of the video and the exported file from MX plays in the local export folder but send it up to the remote server and it fails - not even recognised as an swf file.

Is this something to do with the streaming/root timeline issue but any thoughts out there.
ps really pleased to have an MX video community site!!
many thanks
christine

Wheels
09-21-2002, 09:35 PM
Hi Christine,

It's my job to make sure no post goes unanswered, but I don't think anyone can help on this one.

Just curious to hear if you found the solution and what it was. Please share.

5G

franticcut
09-22-2002, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by Wheels
Hi Christine,

It's my job to make sure no post goes unanswered, but I don't think anyone can help on this one.

Just curious to hear if you found the solution and what it was. Please share.

5G

hello Wheels

After endlessly rechecking all the actionscript, the video masks were tested on another web site and worked. Then after calling my remote web server they also worked. Lesson is I suppose check this side of things as a last resort.
May I ask, are there any advanced threads on import and export codecs? Sorenson Squeeze is still new and its those long hours of trial and error we could perhaps share?
best

christine

Wheels
09-22-2002, 02:04 PM
There is a test of codecs and software in the works. It's coming.

5G

franticcut
09-22-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Wheels
There is a test of codecs and software in the works. It's coming.

5G

thank you very much