PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Ball collision reaction

xDrunkCowx
10-25-2002, 06:58 PM
Hello,
Im trying to figure out how how to calculate the right velocities when two balls hit.. Could someone please help me (and im sure thiers other people who need help with this) learn how? i can do the collision detection i just need to know what to do next!

Thanks in advance,
Jordan

swills
10-27-2002, 06:13 AM
There's shed loads of stuff on this topic within previous threads - try searching for physics pool balls, impulse, physics of collisions etc. People have had some really good things to say and good links to give - don't make them do again!? Its one of the biggest topics for movement using FLASH.
By the way, I hope you are using minimum distance (i.e. twice the radius)to check for a collision rather than hitTest - much quicker.

swills

xDrunkCowx
10-27-2002, 03:55 PM
ya i did a search but i didnt find much.. i try ur perms, i am using the distance wa of hittest.. thanks!

i just lately found one way, trading the velocities of the balls. for example if ball 1 hits ball 2 then ball 1 takes ball 1's xv and yv and ball 1 takes ball 2 xv and yv :)

thanks again!

swills
10-27-2002, 04:10 PM
Can't find much? Well try this....

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=281136&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

it has every conceivable way of doing it I think, by some very good people. And there's even a flippant post by myself.

swills