PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : I'm new and need a bit of help....

CyrusD
11-26-2002, 05:09 PM
I have this flash .fla file that me and a couple of friends have been working on, I need to do 2 things with it but do not know how.

The flash project we are working on is a flash project that deals with projectile motion. We are flinging a pumpkin from a slingshot and it flys through the air and hits a teacher from our school :D

Anyways, we have the code set, we need it to shoot the pumpkin on the press of a button, and we also need it to stop repeatting heh....Like, it has a feild to insert a angle in degrees and an initial velocity and a number of seconds between calculations and it keeps showing the pumpkin fly through the air over and over again hehe....
I do not understand how to make it go only once and on the press of a button... Can someone please help :( :(

Ed Mack
11-27-2002, 06:57 PM
I would create a pumpkin clip, with an enterframe loop inside it. Put the projectile code there (I'll attach a little example fla). Give the clip a velocity variable, and let it do the rest.

bchew007
12-23-2002, 07:01 PM
This is really amazing stuff!
Do you have to be a math guru to be able to code this?
Or is it learnable?

yeah-yeah
12-26-2002, 12:37 AM
kinematics is relatively easy - just a few equations govern all basic kinematic motion (basic meaning any friction is regarded as negligible). i did a quick google search for

kinematic equation lesson

and this was the first link that came up:
http://www.physicsclassroom.com/Class/1DKin/U1L6b.html

which is more than adequate at getting you started. good luck!