PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Flash Battle. Isn't it about time? - ViRGo_RK vs 3PRIMATES

ViRGo_RK
11-26-2002, 09:51 PM
I think we should have a team FLASH battle. Maybe with the dark side...

The light and dark side are always having battles of photoshop. But I have never seen one with Flash. Think we might be able to arrange that?

What do ya think?

Were-Here Flashkit battle commence?

Vitalstatistix
11-27-2002, 06:24 PM
*poke* Wish I could Virgo......but I can't :(

nayades
11-27-2002, 06:46 PM
good luck this time virgo.. ;)

ViRGo_RK
11-27-2002, 08:53 PM
Thanks nayades, but I need someone to battle. :D

Surely not you this time... :)

By the way, perhaps you might want to change your Avatar, everytime I see it, it makes me want to puke.

3PRIMATES
11-27-2002, 09:01 PM
Ill take ya on virgo, although Im a member of both communities.

What are the rules and how does the whole thing work.
Set the ground rules and the method of posting and lets rock..

3PRIMATES

ViRGo_RK
11-27-2002, 09:15 PM
Well, okay here we go.

There are a few modes:

Design
Actionscript
Effects

From the top:

Design: You design something, specified in the rules, maybe like a webpage, or interface, something. some Design from previous post must be used.

Actionscript: Effects or actions must be generated with Actionscript. Script from previous serves must be used.

Effects: Plain and simple.

Pick your choice. I'm giving you Serve. :).

I am good for any of them. There can be hybrides too. Such as, one time Nayades and I had a battle of effects, generated with actionscript.

3PRIMATES
11-28-2002, 02:30 AM
Hiya,
Im sorry if I sound dense, this is my first time with this type of battle.
So I start with just a graphic I have created and create an FLA template for you to work with?

Please explain to me the the chain of events that lead to the final outcome of the finished product.. I just want to be clear.

thanks..
3PRIMATES

ViRGo_RK
11-28-2002, 10:50 AM
Well, you don't even have to start with a graphic. It can be totally Flash. Actually, should be totally flash.

But after you finish, just post the .fla.

So, out of curiosity, what are you thinking about picking?

3PRIMATES
11-28-2002, 01:08 PM
Well, if Im doing this the correct way..LOL

I am better at design and simple effects than advanced actionscript, although I can hold my own if given enough time.. So Im thinking about starting with design.

So my first idea was to use a volley I had created, as the back drop for an interface/website template with.

From what I gather from your post, it is better to create all your graphics within flash, using vector graphics.

So heres what Im thinking now:

Create a website, using a portion of a graphic I have created for depth and texture.

Create the navigation and an area for main content?

Im I doing this in the correct way?

After I finish, do you come along and add to this fla, or do you create your own.. Im still a bit confused as to how this works. Im thinking about it like a photoshop tennis match where we play off eachothers work, am I mistaken?
Also, due to it being thanksgiving, I will not be able to get a start on this for a day or two..If that is a problem, I dont mind you choosing another challenger, although I do want to do this with you.

3PRIMATES

ViRGo_RK
11-28-2002, 01:10 PM
No problem wih they day delay. Yes, it's like the photoshop tennis matches. I wouldcome along and add to your site. Or, I might make my own, and add some obvious things from your site. You can add things outside of Flash, or do it within Flash.

I'm not very strict.

:)

3PRIMATES
11-28-2002, 01:25 PM
Very cool, sounds like a blast..
Ill start roughing out some ideas now, and get back to it after the holiday (and a day/night with my honey :o).

Hmm, so many ways to go with this..Should I post the FLA on an open server or do you want a password? If you would like, Ill set up a private FTP we can use.

Im also wondering if it would be better if you served, since this will be might first time. It might make it easier, and since Ill be gone it will give you a chance to get something going.. Your choice.

3PRIMATES

ViRGo_RK
11-28-2002, 01:31 PM
I don't like to serve :p

MUHAHAHA!

And it makes my opponent suffer more. MUHAHAHA!

Have a good holiday.

Vitalstatistix
11-28-2002, 05:49 PM
Soooo......someone gonna serve already?

3PRIMATES
11-28-2002, 05:55 PM
If ya read the posts you will see that, no, there will not be serve for a couple of days..til after the holiday..

Vitalstatistix
11-28-2002, 06:20 PM
Great.......

nayades
11-28-2002, 07:22 PM
pitty. i wanted to see another flash battle.. there are so little.. :(

ViRGo_RK
11-29-2002, 02:48 PM
Vital, what was the purpose of your posts? I don't get it. I don't mind your suggestions and C & C, but there was absolutly NO purpose for your posts. I now get the feeling you don't read the posts anymore...

:(

3PRIMATES
12-02-2002, 01:42 AM
Hello there ViRGo, hi back at ya nayades ..:o)

Well Im back in town and getting ready to rumble..So sorry for the delay..
Ill get the serve to you ASAP, eventhough Im not 100% sure that Im doing this the right way..LOL

Im planning on starting with the design aspect of the battle.
Does this mean that I just design the look and feel, or do I add the linking navigation elements and create a fully functional site?

The only stupid question is the question that does not get asked.

3PRIMATES

ViRGo_RK
12-02-2002, 06:00 PM
Okay, this was posted before the whole ordeal. And, by no meens, am I a post cop. Just try and do my part. It's all over now, so lets drop it. Feel free to comment on our stuff :D

Now, 3Primates, we aren't actually designing a website. We are, well, more or less jsut designing something, wether it's a brochore, or how the home page of a website might look. But we are not making a website.

3PRIMATES
12-03-2002, 05:47 AM
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.. I was called away this afternoon and just got back a couple of hours ago. I threw this together rather quickly, but it should be good enough to start with. I should have a better idea of how this all works after your return.

Good luck

View the SWF (http://www.3primates.com/remix/fk/flash/battle01/virgo_rk_3p_01.html)

Download the FLA (http://www.3primates.com/remix/fk/flash/battle01/virgo_rk_3p_01.fla)

3PRIMATES

nayades
12-03-2002, 08:39 AM
that's nice! i would only make sure the border appears to the right and bottom or rather not have it.

rawks!:D

3PRIMATES
12-03-2002, 01:11 PM
Hmmm, that was odd. The border showed in the swf but not when viewed within an html page. I had to decrease the border by one pixel and right justify to make it viewable.. Thats never happened before.

Just uploaded the new files. the above stated is the only thing changed.

Glad ya like it nayades...Its a start at least.
3PRIMATES

nayades
12-03-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by 3PRIMATES
Glad ya like it nayades...Its a start at least.
3PRIMATES

it is a good start indeed.
border working now;)

ViRGo_RK
12-03-2002, 04:10 PM
Woo, Okay, so we are going for design? What are we designing? Nothing particular? Okay, good. I like it like that.

by the way, that serve was tops. It's like a reverse fanali.

Very good. There's only one way to go from here, and that's dowm :D

I'll have one for you today or tommorow.

ViRGo_RK
12-04-2002, 04:45 PM
Sorry, it's kindof a closed battle. I will have a return up soon, yo don't need to jump in my grave :D

CNO
12-04-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by ViRGo_RK
Sorry, it's kindof a closed battle.

No prob - you had three categories posted, so I figured I'd try to fill another. I'll post a new thread.

I deleted my other post in this thread - no sense in repeating myself here and in a new post

ViRGo_RK
12-04-2002, 05:16 PM
Id love to see it. I was only posting that to show 3Monkey what catagories there were.

Post here when your other battle starts, I'd love to come and watch.

nayades
12-08-2002, 10:04 AM
don't know what you guys are talking about but... when's your volley coming virgo??

ViRGo_RK
12-08-2002, 12:37 PM
Don't worry. It will come soon. I'm sorry about the delay guys, I've been bogged down. And recently my Grandmom went into the hospital.

Something wrong like a blockage in the bowls.

3PRIMATES
12-08-2002, 01:34 PM
Hola,
Sorry to hear about your Grandma Virgo, I hope she will be ok.

Take your time, no real rush on stuff like this.

Be cool
3PRIMATES

BTW,
is the company you are working for looking for anymore freelancers?
Im looking to get my foot in the door someplace, or at least show what I can do for future consideration.

ViRGo_RK
12-08-2002, 11:03 PM
Well, perhaps you misunderstood me, and my age. I have been doing work for friends and such, and some favors here on Flashkit.

I don't work for a company, nor am I freelancing for the real definition of the word.

Sorry.

Oh yea, I'm 13, I can't technicly work for a compnay till 16.

But I can do people "Favors" and they can give me "presents".

:)

I think my Grandmom will be fine. No more news about the blockage, but the pain has dulled and only comes now and then.

Veniogenesis
12-09-2002, 12:09 AM
Whoa... you are 13? That's crazy! :D Okay... maybe it IS feasible... ;) (I'm 14 ;D)

Cheers!

ViRGo_RK
12-09-2002, 04:10 PM
Well, actually 13 AND A HALF!

(big difference, huh.)