PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : volley up...... - whispers vs mighty miles

whispers
01-04-2003, 04:00 AM
was bored and messing with some PS...kinda through this together.

I figured no way to get better than 'tennis' with someone who is better than me. (I sure can use the challenge and inspiration) I know I stink at PS...but only way to get better is practice I suppose. (practicing my 'extracts' and trying the 'grunge' fad that has been going aorund....hope you all like it. another image I did a splash with is here: www.dmstudios.net

So heres the serve....

Rules:

**Keep size to 600x480 (anyway).
**some characteristic from previous image.
**relatively small return times.
**4-6 volleys each

I dont care who battles me..but if you volley...at least do SOMETHING...dont just find another image and superimpose my image on the TV or in the sunglasses and call it a day....at least add some text effects..or something please.

Thanks-

-whispers-

http://www.dmstudios.net/images/flower3.2.jpg

Gooeysoft
01-04-2003, 04:58 AM
I fully intended to volly, but when I started up PS7 and played around with the pic you posted, it only served to remind me how totally horrible I am at design. Sorry, but it's better this way. ;)

StarLight{PL}
01-04-2003, 09:53 AM
I'll try, but if You think You suck, then I'd better not try to evaluate MY level :D

/me bows humbly :D

see ya soon :)

jamble
01-04-2003, 10:23 AM
part of the fun of tennis is that it's a great learning tool for PS/Graphics progs. Don't be ashamed to try, everyone started somewhere :)

Gooeysoft
01-04-2003, 01:56 PM
lol, I'll wait 'till I get a volley I can confidently serve back, thank you :p

StarLight{PL}
01-04-2003, 02:05 PM
Sad thing I didn't read the rules carefully... Because I don't have time for 4-6 volleys, alas :(. Anyone to pick after me?

http://www.solutions.net.pl/~slt/fk/flower4.jpg

It could be removed in the near future from the serwer, so I'll post it as attachment to make sure it wont disappear soon...

And, anyone care to help a newbie out? It's my second attempt at PS tennis, and I got serious problems with color management when I tried to save the image. Everything got sorta grayed out, especially the bluish feel of the image I was trying to achieve, and I couldn't force it to it's original color space. Tried converting it to various color profiles - nothing helped. So I played a little with levels and contrast to make it look like the original image, and succeded ;). But the question is how to preserve document colors when saving the image for web? I work in sRGB (i think - i simply didn't tinker with color profiles after ps7 installation...)

warm greetz to all...
StarLight

PS: Notice the nice infinithingy in the upper left corner of the image :D

whispers
01-04-2003, 02:53 PM
nice volley. Too bad you can commit to the match.. :( I will just wait for another person to step up..I dont want to 'start' with you..
and have ya leave in the middle. I'll leave the first serve up for whoever takes your place/challenge.

ANYONE?

Aversion?..Gerbs? Blue Samurai??

-whispers-

aversion
01-04-2003, 06:54 PM
I'm in, it's nice stuff.

Give me until morning :)

whispers
01-05-2003, 01:22 AM
no prob...:)

-whispers-

whispers
01-06-2003, 01:00 AM
tick-tock aversion. ...:)

I volleyed back in the mods/members thread....you little stinker....that was a hard one to volley back from..

-whispers-

aversion
01-06-2003, 08:42 AM
hehe, it looks good man, I'll volley today I wasnt at home last night.

whispers
01-06-2003, 02:11 PM
Im just teasin' ya....volley whenever ya get some spare time. :)

-whispers-

aversion
01-06-2003, 10:04 PM
how about now :)

http://mute.rigent.com/visuals/vs_whispers_one_border.jpg

jamble
01-06-2003, 10:59 PM
nice match so far :bravo: :)

whispers
01-09-2003, 12:53 AM
every party has a pooper....and I guess I'm "IT".. :)

Sorry for slackin'...was having a hard time getting my 'font' to be actually readable...readable,..but yet not fully 100% opaque...(ya know?..) :)

Anyways here it is....love the author...know who it is? didnt leave the name...

-whispers-

http://www.dmstudios.net/images/aversion_2.jpg

Saint Benedetta
01-09-2003, 01:12 AM
Love the poem, still keeping up the flower element :)

whispers
01-09-2003, 01:24 AM
Yeah,..the poem is great...very truthfull,..and to the point. :)

Flower element was hard to get rid of...he didnt add to much else...(have to keep one element)....was hoping his return would inspire "SOMETHING"...but alas...all he got was my crappy volley...LOL

-whispers-

aversion
01-09-2003, 09:28 PM
i assumed you would ditch the flower and go with the water element...

:)

whispers
01-10-2003, 01:39 AM
sorry to let ya down.....but I was drawing a blank..I promise..the next one will be half way decent... (I hope)...:(

-whispers-

whispers
01-12-2003, 01:34 AM
you forget about your old buddy whispers?... OMG..I cant believe it....after you volley (you can take the knife out of my back) :)

-whispers-

aversion
01-13-2003, 11:50 PM
don't worry, I usually take the weekends off :)

I'll be back with a return tomorrow!

aversion
01-15-2003, 06:16 PM
very stuck for ideas on this one, i tried to keep the same theme but not completely happy with it...

http://mute.rigent.com/visuals/vs_whispers_three.jpg

whispers
01-15-2003, 06:21 PM
nice volley,..ot sure if I'll be able to get to anything tonight...but I promise. I realy like it though....cant wait to dig in...I finally get to mess with dark/goth type effects now. Never have before really,..like to keeps things light ya know! :)

-whispers-

aversion
01-15-2003, 06:50 PM
cheers, I usually like the light too, lots of negative space, this volley actually scares me :)

pbleper
01-22-2003, 02:20 PM
I don't understand, do I make an image out of the first pic, or continue from aversion's black image?

wouter999
01-22-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by aversion
cheers, I usually like the light too, lots of negative space, this volley actually scares me :)

The volley looks the bizznizz!! Great stuff people! :D

pbleper
01-22-2003, 03:22 PM
edit:
oops, shouldnt have posted should i.. sorry, never seen this forum before

pea3698
01-22-2003, 10:18 PM
Whispers is that you fool i was looking for you to say hey for a long time man sorry to interupt the matchup but you doing good or what man????

whispers
01-23-2003, 01:01 AM
pea?..'pakster' is that you? Im doing good, just trying to learn as much as I can (time permitting). drop me a line.. same e-mail: whispers007@hotmail.com

I'll install Windows IM again...and catch ya there. How ya been?..anymroe ghosts lately? hahaha ;)

-whispers-

p.s. just saw your link...its you alright! :) see you are using that NAV.

pea3698
01-23-2003, 08:36 PM
:D :D yeppers it tis me my old friend. lol and yes i used the nav but it'll change sooner than later im tired of it. bleh i'm going to try to catch up to you on msn great to see yooz again :D