PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : confused!

deadlock32
05-15-2003, 09:17 AM
what is the point of all this, im very confused!

epic-aragorn
05-15-2003, 10:57 AM
pick your poison:

fun. practice. ego. bragging rights. experimentation.

deadlock32
05-15-2003, 03:40 PM
fun,practice,ego,bragging rights,experimentation,WHAT?!?! you make pictures of what? and how come its not flash

wiktors
05-15-2003, 04:28 PM
duuuh?! i would say the words speak for themselves but i guess not.. And sometimes it is flash, sometimes its not. But theres got to be a place for photoshop also right?

deadlock32
05-15-2003, 10:05 PM
what, how is it obvious? all i see is, flash kit vs. junk site... abstract and all i see are some wierd pics? i dont get it

wiktors
05-16-2003, 11:24 AM
flash kit vs. junk site?? now i dont get it? The Arena is a thread on flashkits board where people can meet, spending some time creating pictures wich to others may reply with their own picture. Its a battle sort of speak. Were doing it for the fun of it, to practice our photoshop skills, to brag about some new techniques or whatever you want? Now do you get it?

gerbick
05-16-2003, 12:08 PM
people do whatever they wish. You can use whatever tool and style you want. Abstract, flash, vector, photograph. It's just a friendly competition.

What's to not understand? Or better yet, after reading the forum details, what part do you seem to be not getting?

deadlock32
05-19-2003, 09:17 AM
how do you "battle" drawing pics? thats what i dont get

gerbick
05-19-2003, 05:56 PM
who said battle? I said competition. However, a battle is a form of competition.

follow with me. it's called "photoshop tennis", "photoshop battle", "image battle", "image tennis", or any other iteration thereof.

you take one image, sometimes called a "volley" - hence the tennis - or a "round" - hence the battle - and the next person you are competing against will incorporate parts of that image into their own image.

I take it you've never witnessed one of these "battles" or competitions? Why not look at the other threads as well.

Now, what's not to get? I think that's about as simple as I can explain it.

BlueSamurai
05-19-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by gerbick
Now, what's not to get? I think that's about as simple as I can explain it.

Thats as simple as it gets no matter who or what is explaining it! :D

BTW Gerbs: I love your new avatar! very classy ;)

emo_boy
05-19-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by deadlock32
all i see is, flash kit vs. junk site... abstract

sorry our site is junk to you :)

gerbick
05-19-2003, 07:44 PM
ok. I'm willing to play devil's advocate.

what would you rather people do? I mean, talking about what's art is all subjective to the person talking.

so you see abstract, some people see art. care to share any items you've worked on? I'm not saying you are not capable, but I find it strange that your words could be considered accusatory and judgemental, but you've offered nothing in return...

BS, thanks for the avatar compliments. But it leads to the next question... what's yours? It's different, and cool :cool:

BlueSamurai
05-19-2003, 08:14 PM
BS, thanks for the avatar compliments. But it leads to the next question... what's yours? It's different, and cool :cool:

i think it's a dancing marshmellow :D Atleast thats what it reminds me off! :cow:

Deadlock, Why don't you give us an example of your work:)

emo_boy
05-19-2003, 10:33 PM
ok. I'm willing to play devil's advocate.

what would you rather people do? I mean, talking about what's art is all subjective to the person talking.

so you see abstract, some people see art. care to share any items you've worked on? I'm not saying you are not capable, but I find it strange that your words could be considered accusatory and judgemental, but you've offered nothing in return...

i dont know if your talking to me or not, but i was just simply telling him im sorry that he doesnt like our site, and think it's junk....:cool:

gerbick
05-19-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by emo_boy
i dont know if your talking to me or not, but i was just simply telling him im sorry that he doesnt like our site, and think it's junk....:cool:

Was talking to him; sorry for the confusion. Besides, there's no way you'd hear me state that anybody's site is "junk" mostly do to the fact that what other people like, I may not. and vice versa.

ok, I admit, my site is not even finished! go figure.

:cap:

emo_boy
05-19-2003, 11:02 PM
lol, i like the site so far...

nayades
05-20-2003, 08:42 AM
man, i felt the same the first time i came into the arena.. the best way to understand is to play some.. so get started.

gerbs nice splashpage, but i thought your site was gorillafarm.net ... isn't it?

deadlock32
05-21-2003, 03:50 PM
so do you always use the persons old pic? im guessing you state the rules at the beginning.

i was just confused because i haven actually seen flash, just photoshop/drawing program pics, i was expecting more swfs

emo_boy
05-21-2003, 08:22 PM
you probably wont see swf's in the forum. This is mainly all going to be .bmp or .jpg's since most people use Photoshop for their match. The idea behind PS Tennis is to use something from the previous image (or 'volley') but it doesnt have to be the main focus from the previous image. It could be something small like same texture or take some text they had. It's just a educational yet entertaining way to get better with designing and passing time...

ViRGo_RK
05-21-2003, 09:24 PM
If you want to see .swfs, in the bar above this site, the blue and orange one, select movies. There are loads apon loads of .swfs there.

Thanks gerbick, I don't normally like play DA (district attorney? ;))

gerbick
05-22-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by deadlock32
so do you always use the persons old pic? im guessing you state the rules at the beginning.

i was just confused because i haven actually seen flash, just photoshop/drawing program pics, i was expecting more swfs

flash competitions are a bit different. you'd have to, since Flashkit disallows uploading *.swf's, link to the flash files on your respective sites.

There's been a couple of flash/actionscript "battles" thus far, and they were pretty cool. I'd personally like to see more.

And yes, you can state your own rules, as you so wish.

deadlock32
05-22-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by ViRGo_RK
If you want to see .swfs, in the bar above this site, the blue and orange one, select movies. There are loads apon loads of .swfs there.

Thanks gerbick, I don't normally like play DA (district attorney? ;))

hey man, i would like to have a flash match not just watch, that was the whole reason i was confused...(which I'm not anymore)

gerbick
05-22-2003, 11:08 AM
then start up a flash challenge thread. I'll personally love to see one.

I guess you'll have to be willing to either share the *.fla's though. also, state which version of Flash you're using... could be fun!