PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : KOOLKIT

BradBradleySL
10-28-2000, 10:50 PM
Ok another post for the KoolKit website:) the other one got to full.......ok since its hard to find the last post on this......there is a banner contest for the KoolKit website you can submit by simply posting your banner(created in KoolMoves) as a footer, here or if you want post it on new post under subject of footer, for more details including what you get for this(prizes:)) see the KoolKit site at url-

http://www14.brinkster.com/koolkit

Thanks

Brad

edited for spelling:(
[Edited by BradBradleySL on 10-29-2000 at 01:41 PM]

evolbeagle
10-29-2000, 11:52 AM
Just wanted to correct that url:

http://www14.brinkster.com/koolkit/

The "t" was missing in the original.

BradBradleySL
10-30-2000, 02:07 PM
Thanks!

>Just wanted to correct that url:

http://www14.brinkster.com/koolkit/

The "t" was missing in the original.

BradBradleySL
10-30-2000, 02:14 PM
Ok, I have a pretty fair amount of stuff that I have added to the KoolKit site, haven't uploaded it yet, because of an error.....

But hopefully by tonight, it will be up, will post!

But the new stuff will be

-Downloadable sounds-for animations(royalty free of course)
-Fixed download on Flare Effect .fun file(have bitmaps now)
-Download of make your own tutorial kit
-STIGGY in gallery
-downloads of STIGGY .fun files
-examples from effects package you could win for the banner contest(see site)
-forums from .swf have been closed, error, gotta figure why(still linked on splash page, and working)
-and some more tutorials

Submissions are welcome, send them to rebmahc2@yahoo.com
(zipped .fun file please) And tell me what they are:)

Brad

BradBradleySL
10-31-2000, 01:28 AM
The updated site is up and running.
-don't have STIGGY DOWNLOADS
-don't have effects examples
Will have those and more by weekend, and hopefully the forum link inside Koolkit working.
Tell me if there are any problems.
Thanks

Brad

johnie
10-31-2000, 02:19 AM
I liked the Tute. You left out something though. You can rotate just points or groups of points with that tool in point select mode.

That is how that anime girl winks and waves- I build my characters in three or four sections- Feet and lower body- Uper body-and head and neck Typically I layer so I start out with a more or less nude form and then add clothes to the character- thats about all I remember from figure drawing. When I want to get real fancy I subdivide the upper body into jounts- Filled open shapes- with the point select tool with only the outer points selected and the rotation-move-and perspective tools I can then simulate boning.

Do you have that winking Anime Girl-a very good example of my method of boning? How about the robot?

I'll get you the intro by the end of the week- I'm almost done.

BradBradleySL
10-31-2000, 08:33 AM
Yeah I left that out on purpose, that will be a future tutorial on points alone, what you can do etc. I am going to put a beginners section in the tutorials so people who need beginner help, and then an advanced section, probally most of yours:) I have now should go there.

Brad

johnie
10-31-2000, 11:58 AM
Good point.

I think that you are probably right.

I checked- Flash Kit still has not published my tuts. Has anyone else submitted any?

I don't think that it is fair for them not to Publish Tuts just becuase it is not about Flash 5.

evolbeagle
10-31-2000, 12:26 PM
Just checked out your rotation tutorial. Very nice. That series should prove quite useful to newbies like me. Good job.

BradBradleySL
10-31-2000, 01:02 PM
Yeah, I don't think its fair, I didn't bother doing it, because I know that they wouldn't post them. But hey you never know maybe they just need time to get them up. We shall see. If yours go up, then maybe I will do one myself.

Brad

BradBradleySL
10-31-2000, 01:03 PM
>Just checked out your rotation tutorial. Very nice. That series should prove quite useful to newbies like me. Good job.

Thank you-hope it helps, I will keep them coming.

Brad

johnie
10-31-2000, 01:14 PM
I've been toying with the idea of a series of basic tuts myself.

I think I might start a series.

BradBradleySL
10-31-2000, 01:23 PM
Yeah I think I might even have a short series on some basics of animation, there seems to be so many people out there who don't even know the basics.

Brad

evolbeagle
10-31-2000, 02:38 PM
I would love to see a series of animation tutorials, especially by somebody who was coming from a KM perspective.

johnie
10-31-2000, 04:16 PM
We have tut Dev Kits available for download. Everyone is encouraged to use the kit to write tuts. If you don't want to use the kit thats okay. We till need tuts.

BradBradleySL
10-31-2000, 10:26 PM
So what does everyone think about the sounds section, worthwhile, should I continue on it, what, opinions in general as well please.

Brad

BradBradleySL
11-01-2000, 04:34 PM
Hello world-------

Opinions, suggestions for KoolKit site? What do you want? Etc.

Brad

johnie
11-01-2000, 05:02 PM
Brad,

I don't think a lot of people came in here today.
I can count the number of people who frequent this board.

What we need to do is get more people to the Kool Kit site, get more examples up, thus getting more people to use Kool Moves.

I think the sounds section is a good idea.

Remember it takes a long time to build a lot of internet traffic.

evolbeagle
11-01-2000, 08:57 PM
I also think the sounds section is a good idea. And I would also like to see this board become as robust as, say, the Swish board. I really think that, with the quality and capabilities of this program, it'll happen.

BradBradleySL
11-02-2000, 11:44 AM
Thank you for the replies, I will continue development of the sound section, and I will work on some more tutorials, a link section to useful products which could be used in conjunction with KoolMoves.

Brad

BradBradleySL
11-06-2000, 08:24 AM
Will likely work on some little things tonight-

>add more sounds for download
>maybe add a tutorial
>more downloadable .fun files

We shall see:)

Brad

BradBradleySL
11-12-2000, 01:37 PM
Sorry for the lack of updates on the KoolKit site,

later this next week I will attempt to add some more things, tutorials and sounds, maybe some more stuff in the gallery

But the major thing is that in order to post new things, either myself or Johnie has to first produce them.

if anyone has something they would like me to post please send me the zipped .fun file(to rebmahc@yahoo.com or post it on-line for download), you will get credit for it on the page. Don't forget that there is now a downloadable template to make a tutorial, so if you want to help out, please feel free too. Also if anyone has a website which they created in KoolMoves, or partly created in KoolMoves, please post it in the forum(under websites) and you will be the feature site for awhile at least.

Ok, there was a big lack in participation in the KoolKit banner contest, really didn't get any "entries", so I am extending the deadline, actually restarting it, would be a better way of saying it,

and I may sweeten the pot(psst that means more prizes) but that depends upon the response, so if you wish to post your banner entry post it in this forum at the banner thread, then at the end of the contest, the winner will be requested to send his/her .fun file to me(so keep the .fun file), and I will add it to the site.

By the way for anyone who wants to know, I had an invisible counter on the page for two days this month (only two because I didn't like it that much, had to have stuff on my hard drive..etc.) and the site in the two days had about 65 hits......a lot for just starting.....

I thought that was amazing, hope the thing wasn't broken:) So either there are a lot of people checking out KoolMoves, and KoolKit, or someone is visiting the page a lot during the day.

Well thank you all for your patience I haven't heard much complaining, about the delay, so either no one cares:( or everyone is really patient:)

Brad