PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Tween???

JKR
11-03-2000, 08:36 PM
What exactly is 'Tween'?? How can I utilize it for my benefit?
Thanks,
J

BradBradleySL
11-03-2000, 10:51 PM
Tweening is basically changing/adjusting the amount of inbetweens or frames between key frames. You adjust tweening to make an animation smoother(kind of), a lower tween number would make a smaller amount of inbetweens and the animation would be quick, a higher amount would make say a arm moving, go really slow, and smoothly through the motion.

For a good example of a tweening effect see STIGGY works out, a link is in the forum, when stiggy is flexing his arms and such, the tweens are longer, like 14 or so, to show the flexing, but at the end when the weight falls on him the tween is like 1 or 2. Its good for changing the speed in an animation.

Well hope I didn't confuse you:)

Brad

Bob Hartzell
11-04-2000, 08:20 AM
It is my understanding that historically key frames are drawn by a master animator and tweens are drawn by an apprentice. In software, the tweens are generated automatically by linear interpolation between the bounding key frames.

johnie
11-04-2000, 04:09 PM
With Kool Moves the Tween setting is the equivalant of a time line in other Flash programs. Take the #tweens/ FPS (defualt is 12)+1 to figure how many seconds an effect will last.

Bob is right. In a lot of American produced animations and cartoons (I know MTV developed there animated series this way) the American company drey the Key Frames then sent it to Korea or another country for the tweens to be drawn.

Disney does it that way also except the use in house animators to draw the tweens. The exception is computer generated animations.