PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Zoom without Tiling

Maggie May
11-10-2000, 01:05 PM
Please help! I would like to learn how to resize (zoom in and out on) an image without it tiling to fit the changing size of the shape the image is in.
To be more specific--I have a company logo (bmp) in a square shape. I would like to make it look like the logo, which is starting out small and centered on the frame, is zooming in--getting bigger and bigger until it fills the screen.
Everytime I try to enlarge it though, the bitmap tiles inside the shape. I don't want to lose the original 1 logo and get a billion logos all over!
When I insert a wmf file from the file menu, it resizes perfectly without tiling.
I don't know how to convert my bmps to wmfs though, so if anyone can help me on how to create this effect, I'd be forever in your debt. I'm going crazy from this!

BradBradleySL
11-10-2000, 01:21 PM
The best advice I can give you is to either use an autotracing(raster to vector) program, or trace the image by hand(which is what I recommend) KoolMoves has great drawing tools. It all depends on the complexity of the logo.

here is a link to a thread with postings for some pretty good autotracing programs-
http://flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=35176\

Good luck:)

Brad

Bob Hartzell
11-10-2000, 01:24 PM
It is a current limitation of KoolMoves that it cannot scale bitmaps.

The best route is to convert the bitmap to a .wmf file. If your logo is comprised of regions of solid colors that would probably also give you the best quality and smallest .swf file. Johnie is the expert on auto-tracing software. His usual recommendation is Office Star, I believe. You might try using the search button to the upper right to get more information. If it is a very simple logo you might try manually tracing it in KoolMoves.

johnie
11-10-2000, 02:41 PM
The aplication that Brad found is also pretty good at auto tracing. The drawback to it is that you have to convert to grayscale or Black and white.

Another option is to make 3 or so different sized copies of your bitmap in your raster aplication then import them in the appropriate frames with a low tween count between them.

BradBradleySL
11-10-2000, 04:52 PM
> The aplication that Brad found is also pretty good at auto tracing. The drawback to it is that you have to convert to grayscale or Black and white.

After you have converted it though, with a reference bitmap of your logo in the trace layer of KoolMoves, you could easily place your colors back in, within KoolMoves, this again depends upon the complexity of the logo.

Brad