PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : a flash portal

dwnking
02-08-2004, 07:02 AM
I am new in flash. I just want to know whether can forum be created in flash? and is there any example or we portal doing such thing? Thanks

pellepiano
02-08-2004, 07:38 AM
There are some forums that are made in Flash. And there is a free fla with source files of a Flash forum with PHP at www.flash-db.com.

dwnking
02-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Thanks a lot, you have been very hepful. You see, i am trying to come put with a web portal, but its required to be innovative and new. this really save my day.

XcVbSdRw
02-08-2004, 03:57 PM
I'd advise caution when considering Flash for something like a forum. Generally, forums are text intensive and text is typically rendered best as HTML. I know you need this to be "innovative and new" but I'm sure you also want it to be successful! In my opinion there is nothing worse than getting to a site and finding they have used a tool (like Flash) that adds nothing to usability for the sake of "innovation".

The site pellepiano provided is a perfect example. While it is very cool to us developers as a resource, as a user I found it to be less useful than it would have been had it been presented in text. The home page was quite disconcerting because I could not select or copy any of the text, something I'd expect from a standard HTML page.

Of course, this is just my opinion; I'm sure you'll create a nice forum. :)

aversion
02-11-2004, 05:14 PM
www.theory7.com is a very large 'portal'-style site all in flash, with products, information, membership and forums.

the forums there are the most comprehensive I've seen in flash.