PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : noobie alert here! :)

Tea_J
02-19-2004, 01:54 AM
Hi guys, i wana get into these mobile thingies.. i dont have a pc type mobile phone or palm, but my friend's does and im sure they dont mind me playing with their toys.. eheh

so please give me a starter guys... what's the difference from regular flash development? can i relate to it via PHP lifestyle? since im a php guy.. etc..

Hoping for you guys to jump start my learning..

Tea

hp3
02-20-2004, 09:55 AM
Have you read the resources at macromedia devnet devices section?

I havent done any Flash mobile development myself, but it seems to me that the differences are mainly:

different interface than mouse and standard size keyboard. Stylus data entry, 10 digit key pad data entry, small qwerty keyboard (use two thumbs), handwriting data entry, finger touch for touch screens, etc.
small screens compared to desktop.
more limited cpu devices requiring efficient use of client side code and media.
the mobile environment seems well suited for apps that provide personalization services, timely information and or information relevant to the user's current location.
a mobile application may need to scale to work in different devices and environments, so there are different planning considerations than desktop.

you can certainly develope client server model type apps to load data over a network into your mobile Flash application. Perhaps the amount of data you try to send over network to Flash is also an issue for limited bandwidth mobile devices.