PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : HELP! - director project with flash buttons

duncan1975
02-26-2004, 09:46 AM
hi there,
im sure this is really simple when you know how ...but i dont so im finding it really tricky!
im making a director movie (in director 8) which has a load of links to website made in flash. ive worked out that u need to use get url to get to directors lingo but cant work out the syntax for getting it to open a page in a browser. so far ive got this and it returns a gobbledegook message saying i missing a comma.

on (release) {
getURL("lingo : gotoNetpage \"http://www.google.com\"");
}

any advice - or an easier way to skin the same cat would be wicked. I also want to know how to specify browser popup dimensions - do you know how to slot javascript into this too?

thanks
:confused:

SJT
02-26-2004, 02:27 PM
Can't you just use getURL straight in Flash, then the javascript bit is easy?
I've never used flash calling lingo before though...

duncan1975
02-27-2004, 05:43 AM
no fraid not. the flash has to tell the director project which contains it what to do. Ive sussed the lingo bit - just had too many spaces in there. I still dont know how to combine it with javascript. if you hear anything... thanks
duncan

SJT
02-27-2004, 07:45 AM
This should work.
on (release){
getURL("lingo:gotoNetPage \"javascript:window.open('blah.html','blah','width=3 00,height=200');\"");
}
just take out the space between java and script (it's put there automatically by the board)

duncan1975
02-27-2004, 10:42 AM
thanks (a million).