PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Flash to Dreamweaver

litton
03-24-2004, 11:27 AM
Can you trasfer an entire Flash website to Dreamweaver? Or am I stuck using Contribute to make minor changes and going to our original designer to make larger alterations?

I apprecite any help you can give.

aversion
03-28-2004, 02:16 AM
when on the internet a flash movie, whatever it contains, is 'embedded' in an HTML page. You can't convert flash to HTML, they're two entirely different things.

The thing I don't understand about your post is you say you're making changes to a flash movie using 'contribute', which, to my knowledge isn't possible. The only thing contribute can edit is HTML, any changes to a flash movie will have to be done to the original FLA file (the flash source file). You may have some 'dynamic data' in your flash movie that you can change by manipulating data files (.xml, .txt, etc) on your server or a database, but again, I don't think contribute can be used to change those things, only to change HTML templates.

Any HTML can be edited in dreamweaver, but not flash. To edit the flash you need the flash application.

Maybe you could provide a link to the site in question.

cheers

litton
03-29-2004, 11:35 AM
This project was thrown at me mid-stream. An old email mentioned we would use contribte to alter the site. Knowing the site was built using Flash I assumed that Contribute could alter Flash (Why else would the company purchase the software?) There are some html sections on the site. I suppose my predecessor wanted to use Contribute to change text. I'm thinking about taking a online Flash course. Any reccomendations? Thanks for your help.