PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Size pulsating effect

evolbeagle
11-13-2000, 10:41 PM
I was messing around with a simple wheel and noticed that, while I only intended for it to rotate, it actually rotates and pulsates. That is, it gets bigger and then smaller as it turns. Am I causing this by not being careful as I rotate it?

http://demo.voikos.com/animation/wheelsnew.html

http://demo.voikos.com/animation/wheelsnew.fun

Thanks

johnie
11-14-2000, 12:00 AM
Its a problem with all autotween algorithims. This unspecified feature effects MorphInk also. It also apears to effect EVA animator (EVA is a Japanese version of Flash but with a higher compresion and it seems to be more aliesed than Flash) which operates pretty much like Kool Moves.

Ok. Now for the solution- Go into play Frame by Frame mode. What you are giong to do is start by converting 1/2 of the tweens to Key Frames and adjust their size so that they do not shrink (in other words you are going to turn onion skinning on and then select the shape- scale either up or down until you can't notice the difference. Then you will play and repeate the process until it is right.)

I had to do the same thing with my Flare effect.

I hope that helps.

evolbeagle
11-15-2000, 06:24 PM
Forgot to say thanks. Thanks for the help.

johnie
11-15-2000, 06:50 PM
Did it fix it?

Hey, I'm trying to work it so that third party tool users (like Kool Move, Swish, Live Motion, ETC users can compete in the hour of Flash- Go up to the coffee lounge and say- Yes I want to include 3'rd party tools in the hour of Flash)

Richard W
11-15-2000, 11:43 PM
I just gave a detailed explanation for this problem on the "rotating?" thread. And here is one more idea which is good for characters with rounded cartoon feet. When I was doing an animation of two guys having a paint ball fight, I avoded this problem on their feet by sliding the points around. I did it in such a way that the shape looked almost the same in each key frame, but the size pulsation or shrinkage was minimized.

Bob Hartzell
12-14-2000, 09:15 AM
I see what I am doing wrong in calculating the inbetweens when rotation is involved. I am doing linear interpolation but that is not appropriate when rotation of symbols is involved.