PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Test content for Motorola A920

mariamdh
04-21-2004, 08:14 AM
Hi,

I have developed content for Motorola A920. However, I don't know whether it will work properly on a device. I do not own one myself, so how do I go about testing it??

Is there any emulator available on the internet which can provide me with a way to text my game. If no, how have the people who have been developing doing so. Please help.

kendude
04-21-2004, 08:44 AM
I send it off, and get an incredibly slow response by the people I have developed it for. This is painful. I wish I had one of those phones to test it myself. They do not have them in the US(as far as I know). Who did you develope the game for? Can they test it for you? You don't have to say who, just ask them to test it.

mariamdh
04-21-2004, 08:58 AM
Oh! You mean for every change we do for the game, we have to contact the publisher to test it again and again!!

This is extremely tedious. Is there no other way way, we can test the final product at our end and then send it to a publisher??

kendude
04-21-2004, 10:18 AM
Where do you live? I think if we were to buy the phone, and the connection cable, we could test them ourselves without having service. I thought the folks that test my stuff had some high tech stuff, but it's just a phone and a cable. I did not want to buy the phone just for testing until I start collecting my money.

mariamdh
04-21-2004, 11:13 AM
I live in India, and I don't think this phone is available here. It's sad that I will have to go through the publishers for every test.

It's very important that emulators are available for such tests just as its is for mobiclip and imode phones.

mmdev
04-21-2004, 11:29 AM
Motorola A920's are available on Ebay for around $280 USD (typically selling from the UK or Australia). I'm not sure if there's an emulator or not. But with my experience w/emulators, they're a very poor substitute and are not very indicative of how your software will perform on a device. For example, emulators usually don't emulate speed so performance on a desktop-based emulator is usually decent while the software on the device may perform much more sluggishly due to a slower processor, etc.

Good luck,
Nader Nejat // Multimedia Consultant + Developer
OmegaMedia // http://www.omegamedia.com
"We help people take advantage of interactive media"

hp3
04-21-2004, 02:08 PM
do you guys know if the A925 also has Flash?

I am wondering if the Motrola A series phones A920,A925 and A1000(when it comes out) all have Flash or just A920.

hp3
04-24-2004, 08:15 PM
I found out that A925 does have Flash. Not sure about A1000, dont think it is on market yet.