PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Flash to Embedded VC++ communication

deepagopal
05-26-2004, 03:22 AM
Hi All,

I have an Embedded VC++ program and a Flash program running concurrently in a Pocket PC wherein the Embedded VC++ program passes some data to the Flash application via an XML socket.I am facing a problem of low animation speed when the data transfer takes place.Is there a way in the flash program to receive the data in a seperate thread so as not to disturb the animation speed?I would be grateful for your kind responses.

Thanking you,
Deepa Gopal.

hp3
05-26-2004, 09:15 AM
are you using FlashAssist or Macromedia Stand alone?

deepagopal
05-26-2004, 10:25 AM
I am using Macromedia stand alone.

-Deepa.

hp3
05-26-2004, 10:44 AM
Not sure what to recommend.

My understanding is that the MM stand alone is multi-threaded compared to the PIE ActiveX control which is single threaded. So, you have the best option with MM stand alone. Perhaps someone else has specific experience with this or maybe you can contact MM directly.

They usually recommend loading data in small amounts during animation, or loading at times when Flash does not need to do other things.

farooqkassam
02-12-2008, 12:57 PM
hey deepa,

Im trying to do a similar thing on my phone and I was wondering how you did the image transfer between the Emb C++ and flash...

I would appreciate any help from you!

Thanks,
Farooq