PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Layers

BradBradleySL
11-18-2000, 01:35 AM
Ok, Johnie how about this one.
How could we make the old pop up menu in KoolMoves using layers. Is there a way?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Brad

BradBradleySL
11-18-2000, 01:47 AM
OK figured out how to do it-

This is how

1.Make webpage(duh)

2.create another .swf(lets call it menu.swf) with the menu or whatever you want to have appear in the webpage with the load movie button, make sure to postion it in the .swf where you want it to appear.

3.create the buttons to load movie into level 1

4. then test, it should load the menu right where you postioned it in the menu.swf

The amount of effects you can create with the layers is astounding, I just keep getting more an more amazed with what KoolMoves can accomplish with a little experimenting.
You could even animate the menu.....

If anyone wants a copy of my menu test just ask

Brad

johnie
11-18-2000, 02:26 AM
I've animated menues before with the frame action- Your method is probably easier.

BradBradleySL
11-18-2000, 10:56 AM
Yeah thats how I did it before to, until I thought maybe layers could be the solution. More stuff to add to my site:)
Johnie, how is the intro going? Didn't you say you were working on a webpage?

Brad

johnie
11-18-2000, 01:29 PM
I stopped working on the intro and then started again recently.

I restarted developemed on a SWF program I was working on. I decided that instead of writing a complete App that alows people to make SWF's that a Actionscript editor/adder would be more useful.

The Open SWF (Its suppose to be a discusion about the SWF format itself) board here at Flash kit is near useless and the developement has been slow and painful.

Well anyhow- I'll try to get that intro done in a timely fashion.

BradBradleySL
11-22-2000, 04:30 PM
I am going to post this as a more detailed tutorial on the KoolKit website.

Brad

Bob Hartzell
12-09-2000, 03:02 AM
The Open SWF (Its suppose to be a discusion about the SWF format itself) board here at Flash kit is near useless and the developement has been slow and painful.
[/B]

It was very active before Macromedia released the SDK for creating .swf files. I owe a hugh thanks to David Michie for spear heading that forum and for making much of his export code publically available and for encouraging others to share their code.

johnie
12-09-2000, 04:42 PM
The Flash 5 SDK is out. David has done much to promote 3'rd party SWF tool developement.

Now if he'd only update that open SWF page...