PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : SWF -> GIF format

erniegerdie
11-20-2000, 11:16 AM
Anyone know anything about converting a flash animation .swf file to animated gif format ?

johnie
11-21-2000, 04:41 PM
By doing this conversion you would lose the strengths of each format and gain all of the weaknesses of the both Formats.

If you can give me a reason why you want to make this conversion then I will tell you how it is done (and yes it can be done- and done easily).

sammm
12-11-2000, 09:14 PM
I can't think of a reason to convert .swf -> .gif, but I actually need to convert .gif to .swf. What I really need it a batch conversion tool that can do this. Why? Because I want to dynamically load different images into the same flash file. I wish Flash could reference .gif files directly, but it must reference another .swf. So I can create a .fla, bring in an image, then save to .swf, but I have hundreds of images that I need to convert. I know an answer might be "use Generator", but I actually have no need for Generator if I can accomplish this batch conversion in a simpler (and less expensive) way. I see that many drawing packages are coming out with a "save to .swf" feature soon, but I'm wondering if there are any shareware tools available now. irfanview is oh-so-close, but not quite there.

smashbeat.com
12-12-2000, 06:45 PM
use the publish settings of flash. there is the possibility to publish in GIF(image)format. set also playback to "animated" if needed. see ya