PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Desktop Buddy

bugda1
08-10-2004, 10:21 AM
Hey Group.

I am in the midst of working on a proposal that would include a desktop buddy application.

I am reviewing some of the elements of swf studio like the transparent application.

But I wonder if Flash is the best method to create this buddy application.

I am more familiar with Flash than traditional software design so I am starting here.

I have looked at OSKA.net, talkingbuddy.com and was wondering if you all think that Flash might be able to do what I want.

Basically the module would sit on the desktop..then everynow and then it would do a little dance or something. When you clicked on the buddy...a menu would appear and he would interact.

I think flash is the way to go but I am wondering how it may affect the desktop with regards to gettin to the other icons and stuff..

Let me know your thoughts..
g

p80
08-17-2004, 11:58 PM
I know that there is software that will put your swf file into an installer, which will in turn install it as a desktop (background). I've never used the software, but as I understand it it retains all it's interactivity and functionality. That type of thing may be what your looking for. it means that to run the buddy the user has to change their desktop, but you could perhaps work something into the swf to allow them to choos their own backdrop.

do a google search for screen time and you should find it

Hope this helps