PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : New to Swift 3D, I'd appreciate it if someone could help clear up a few things

Cadmus
06-28-2000, 02:24 AM
I just recently got my copy of Swift 3d, and am having fun playing with it. Here are my questions.

1.) Perhaps this question doesn't belong here but being only a newbie to intermediate user of Flash 4, I was wondering, if you can only export a .swf in Swift 3d then how do you get it into Flash for editing? Do I need a special plugin to export .flas?

2.) Are there any tutorials for Swift 3d? Or is the program too new?

That's about all I can remember now, I'd appreciate any help you could give, be it actual answers or "This post shouldn't be here" notices. Thanks!

-Cadmus

Pope de Flash
06-28-2000, 03:36 PM
Fla's are a macromedia only file format. They will not share the code for that. That would give anyone the ability to create "Flash" so the swf format is what you have. Just like with Freehand you have to import the swf into flash and then use the frames from there.

As far as tutorials go, There are a few on the way, I know that, but the program is kinda new and there is not much out on it. Keep looking here for new stuff. Regards, Bill

mgason
06-29-2000, 12:30 PM
You have to import the swf that swift creates.
Best thing to make it manageable is create a new movie clip in your libray and use file import to bring in the swf.
That way you will have a simple mc to work with rather than a pile of keyframes in your main timeline

mark

sdalgarno
07-02-2000, 10:36 AM
if what you mean by editing .swf file import into flash go to modify ungroup each keyframe you wish to edit then delete or modify lines etc delete modify fills shapes etc hope this helps as im well and truly new at this too