PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : A cube, a cube!

evolbeagle
11-24-2000, 02:54 PM
Took a break from some work I was doing and didn't want to get involved in my bigger project, so I made this rotating cube really quickly. It wobbles a little, but it was easy to do. This program is fun.

http://demo.voikos.com/animation/cube1.swf

johnie
11-24-2000, 03:09 PM
Yep,

It's a cube.

Now write a tut how you did it and send it to Brad and Bob. Just kidding. It would be nice if you did though.

evolbeagle
11-24-2000, 08:17 PM
I may take some time in the next few days to spruce it up so it maintains its shape a little better and then try my hand at writing a tutorial. Then, if anybody actually wants it, that'll be neat.

BradBradleySL
11-24-2000, 10:21 PM
I like-

How did you do?
I found that instead of drawing all the frames, or using the perspective tool. You can create a short animation in a 3d program, and then export the frames as .dxf into KoolMoves, you get some cool effects. I like the cube:)

Brad

evolbeagle
11-25-2000, 12:15 AM
This guy's been around the block. And around... and around...

http://demo.voikos.com/animation/cube4.swf

(I left out one turn of the cube to keep the file size down a tad.)

Cruise
11-25-2000, 10:41 AM
Well...
i was reading a couple of posts here.. and saw your little cube.. Im not really a koolmoves expert.. but it seems like the cube (when it turns) misses one side.
Just thought to let you know. :)

evolbeagle
11-25-2000, 11:03 AM
Yes, I wanted to keep the file size comparable to footer limits, so that was intentional. I guess it was easy to skip my comment just below the animation:

"(I left out one turn of the cube to keep the file size down a tad.)"

BradBradleySL
11-28-2000, 01:02 PM
Where is that tutorial:)
Will post it on the KoolKit site when you get it done.

Brad

evolbeagle
11-29-2000, 08:37 AM
I may have time to try writing one this weekend. This week is very busy for me. (Warning: mild bragging alert.) I wrote a screenplay that got picked up and turned into a movie and the premiere is tonight. It's my first movie so I'm pretty excited and I've been inviting people and generally not getting all my work done for the last couple of days. Anyway, I'll try to do it this weekend, if nothing else, at least for the practice of writing one.

By the way, has the flashkit site been hard to pull up lately for anybody else? I've been having intermittent trouble getting here over the last week or two.

johnie
11-29-2000, 11:54 AM
Its almost always hard for me to pull it up.