PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : combining multiple FLA files

dewking
12-15-2004, 12:16 AM
Hey there..

I have a couple of questions I was wondering if I could get some help with...

I've got several FLA files that I would like to combine into one movie, each one in a different scene. I'm having a slight issue when copying the frames over from one to another and I think I'm probably going to answer my own question now that I think of it. Is it most likely that there are items in the library of each FLA that have the same name but different effect so its causing issues with the code? Which would mean i should go through and rename the items to each one is more specific, which is what I should do anyway to keep things straight, much like the layers in photoshop (and flash).

The really strange thing is, is that I've got 2 scenes set up as a test. The sound from Scene 2 plays before scene 1 is finished but there's no sound file or action keyframe from the Scene 2 in Scene 1.

This is when I stopped to see if there was something that i was missing... anyone ever run into either of these issues?

Also, I did a test to see if I could import the SWF's into a single flash movie (different scenes) but it doesnt pull all of the coding with it... at least, i dont think it does... hmm i'll have to test that out tomorrow. Is this usually possible? It would save me from copying all of the frames from each movie and pasting them into another. (I know it wouldnt let me modify the movie, but that would be fine)

Thanks for any help you can give me!!!
-Dewking