PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : help with the Accordion Component

Inasite
12-26-2004, 05:55 PM
Hi I am using the accordion component to build my portfolio.

In one pane I would like to display websites, the other logos etc.

In each pane I have succesfully placed movies that dynamically load from our portfolio database, however I would like to find out how to trigger the event (the loading) whenever a pane is selected. So that I dont have to load a pane until needed.

Thanks.

astro_sk
12-27-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Inasite
Hi I am using the accordion component to build my portfolio.

In one pane I would like to display websites, the other logos etc.

In each pane I have succesfully placed movies that dynamically load from our portfolio database, however I would like to find out how to trigger the event (the loading) whenever a pane is selected. So that I dont have to load a pane until needed.

Thanks.

I don't know exactly how you are loading them but if you are loading them dynamically simply use an eventListner.
http://www.design-nation.net/en/archives/000348.php

are you using a loading component as well?

Inasite
12-27-2004, 11:35 PM
I load the movie that in turn loads the thumbnails (dynamically) through the accordion's component inspector.

Details:

The Accordion Component has 4 panes, each has a movie in it for each category of work, web, graphic etc.

Each movie in the pane loads in thumbnails dynamically.

I am trying to avoid having to load all the thumbnails until they are needed for their specific section.

Having difficulty finding info on the Accordion component, well actually I found something on Macromedia's site but I try it step by step and it does not work for me.