PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Mailto link

Maggee
11-30-2000, 08:33 PM
I have looked through the forum but have not been able to find an answer to my question, so if this is a repeat, I apologize. I have made a site in koolmoves to display some of my graphics and put an email link at the bottom. However, when you click on it, it tries to open up a new page in addition to bringing up your mail program. I used the html tag mailto:blah@blah.com in the Get Url action since it is the only one that seemed appropriate. Obviously I am doing it wrong, lol. Can someone tell me what I SHOULD have done?

Another question...is there a way to have music loop without adding 600 frames? I have music in my koolmoves movie and wish to have it continue to play once the movie is stopped. Here is the link to this if anyone wishes to see all my mistakes http://www.mtco.com/~margg

Thanks....oh, and I wanted to say that I just LOVE Koolmoves.

Maggee

BradBradleySL
11-30-2000, 11:09 PM
Nice site:)

For your question on the mailto-
Well I haven't seen a solution for it, below the load url command where you put the mailto.....command in is a target control, for where the new url will open, unfortunately in order for the "open url action" to work a new page must be opened, so the action will always try to open a new page. I am trying to find a way to prevent this myself. I will tell you if I find anything.

As to your looping a music loop, easy as pie, under the where you load sounds, is something that says loop, enter a high number in the loop, and it will loop and loop and loop........

Keep Kool:)

Brad

Maggee
12-01-2000, 12:19 AM
Thanks for your response. Duhhhh I didnt think about just looping it a large number of times. Thanks :)

johnie
12-01-2000, 01:31 AM
You could use # in the get URL.

Save your work first.

I tried the target thing but it didn't work brad.

johnie
12-01-2000, 01:44 AM
Just Tried it. Just put Mailto:Email@destinatio.hah in the get url action.

Maggee
12-01-2000, 01:56 AM
That's what I did....but it still tries to open up a webpage

Oh and I just messed up my .fun file and cant edit anything now until I re-do all the changes I made. I was trying to do a rollover and KoolMoves crashed, now that file won't open at all. It gives me an error when I try to open it and then the program closes. So, back to the drawing board for me, lol.

Maggee

johnie
12-01-2000, 02:19 AM
Send the file to Bob@Koolmoves.com He can in most cases repair a FUN file. I also have some done some Fun file repair / hand manipulation. You can open FUN Files in Word Pad and Bob said we could consider the format open.

I'll try it again just to make sure that it does not open a new page. Don't put the Mailto in the target. The target must be Blank.

johnie
12-01-2000, 02:20 AM
I have Juno and it goes straight into the Juno Mail program when I click on the button.

Maggee
12-01-2000, 02:26 AM
Juno is web-based though, isn't it? So that would work right. I use Outlook Express and Outlook opens fine, but it also opens a blank webpage.

Think I will try Wordpad to open file as you suggested. Can't hurt at this point. I do have the file saved under a different name, but the most recent changes are in the bad file.

johnie
12-01-2000, 02:34 AM
No Juno is not web based.

Make sure that you make a double copy of the bad FUN File.

Maggee
12-01-2000, 02:37 AM
I will definitely make a copy. And thanks for all your help :)

evolbeagle
12-01-2000, 08:15 AM
I don't know if this is at all helpful, but this banner is all KoolMoves and includes an email link (the top bone). When I click it, it opens up Outlook without opening another window. See if it works for you.

johnie
12-01-2000, 11:23 AM
I tried it on another computer all you have to do is add Mailto:Emailadress@wherever.com

Maggee
12-01-2000, 01:19 PM
Yes it works for me now. I had already done the mailto: thingy, but this time I did it without a specifying a target and its working. Thanks everyone for your help. I appreciate it :) Now I'm ALL SET!

Maggee

Maggee
12-01-2000, 01:21 PM
Yes it works for me now. I had already done the mailto: thingy, but this time I did it without a specifying a target and its working. Thanks everyone for your help. I appreciate it :) Now I'm ALL SET!

Oh I opened up my .fun file in Wordpad to take a look. Mmmm very interesting, lol, looks like Greek to me. I did see a few things there I recognized tho, lol.

Maggee

Maggee
12-01-2000, 01:36 PM
sorry for the double post up there. I was having problems with my computer and thought the first one didnt go through.

BradBradleySL
12-01-2000, 02:00 PM
Glad we could help....

Brad

Bob Hartzell
12-08-2000, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by johnie
Send the file to Bob@Koolmoves.com He can in most cases repair a FUN file. I also have some done some Fun file repair / hand manipulation. You can open FUN Files in Word Pad and Bob said we could consider the format open.

I'll try it again just to make sure that it does not open a new page. Don't put the Mailto in the target. The target must be Blank.

A word of warning about editing fun files. NotePad removes carriage returns I believe. I am not sure about WordPad. This will cause problems if there are multiline text shapes. The text will read in as one line. You will then have to edit the text in KM and add carriage returns to convert to multiline again.

[Edited by Bob Hartzell on 12-08-2000 at 03:29 PM]