PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : MAX 2005 - Developing Games for Flash Lite

Paul Lamonby
06-21-2005, 06:34 AM
I have been invited to present a session again at MAX 2005 (http://www.macromedia.com/macromedia/events/max/) - Developing Games for Flash Lite.

I thought it would be good this year to get the thoughts of the community as to what you feel are the most important points you need to know or wish you did know when you first started Developing Games for Flash Lite.

Remember, this session needs to appeal to both current developers and people wanting to start, so I will pick out 5 or 6 of the hot topics and create individual examples that highlight each of the problems faced and put them into real game examples.

I hope people will get involved in this and I look forward to seeing you all there, I for one am looking forward to it already :-) (Check out the other Flash Lite sessions too, they all look great.)

Paul Lamonby - BlueskyNorth
www.blueskynorth.com (http://www.blueskynorth.com)
Team Macromedia - Mobile & Devices

idi
07-11-2005, 07:45 PM
Hi

I for one would be interested in learning how to do hitTest in FL1.1 - which is a barrier in many projects/ideas I develop. Also tips on optimizing graphics, colors, and animation would be interesting. Lastly any strategies for selling these games to someone - or maybe examples of real world projects would be very interesting.

Anyway, these were just my 2 cents - I look forward to your session

cheers
idi

Freakwncy02
07-12-2005, 09:05 PM
I wish I could afford to go... its way too expensive for me... even w/ me living close to Cali (Las Vegas).... :(

Paul Lamonby
07-13-2005, 07:39 PM
Hi idi,

Dont want to give too much away, but hitTest alternatives WILL be included in the presentation.

That issue got me too when I first started developing, and I have come up with several alternatives for different situations. I wont have time to go into them all, but a basic understanding will hopefully be useful to attendees.

Say hi if you are attending.