PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Paid sponsorships for Flash game designers

westech
08-05-2005, 03:40 PM
CrazyMonkeyGames.com (www.crazymonkeygames.com) wants to sponsor talented Flash game designers. Depending on the quality of the games, we can offer between $50 - $1000 per game sponsorship.

If we sponsor your game, we’ll ask you to insert our site’s logo as an intro screen and add one or more links to our site within the game. We’ll then feature the game on CrazyMonkeyGames.com and allow the whole world to download it, distribute it, and use it on their own websites.

The games must be original and exclusive (i.e., not previously posted anywhere on the Internet.) You must own full exclusive rights to the game. We will not offer sponsorships for any games without seeing the fully functional and complete game first.

If you’re interested, please email your completed game or a link to view the game to spon sor AT westech-hosting.com . We’ll evaluate each game and decide if we’re interested and how much money we can offer you for sponsorship of the game.

If you have any questions or comments, please post here or email sponsor AT westech-hosting.com .

If you’d like to submit a game for sponsorship, please email it to sponsor AT westech-hosting.com .

Edited by Admin. :thumbsup:

MyFriendIsATaco
08-05-2005, 05:06 PM
Check out my game... It's nothing too spectacular...but I've been told its quite addicting... http://www.youdontevenknow.us/game/ and let me know what you think about it! :yikes:

westech
08-05-2005, 05:22 PM
Check out my game... It's nothing too spectacular...but I've been told its quite addicting... http://www.youdontevenknow.us/game/ and let me know what you think about it! :yikes:

I'd prefer to do any discussions of prices or individual games privately through email. Please feel free to submit this game and any others to sponsor AT westech-hosting.com .

If anyone has general questions about how our sponsorship program works I'll be happy to answer them publicly through the forum.

MyFriendIsATaco
08-05-2005, 05:41 PM
ok, i sent you an email about it

MechaPiano
08-06-2005, 04:13 AM
[url=www.crazymonkeygames.com]If we sponsor your game, we’ll ask you to insert our site’s logo as an intro screen and add one or more links to our site within the game. We’ll then feature the game on CrazyMonkeyGames.com and allow the whole world to download it, distribute it, and use it on their own websites. Does it mean I'll loose my rights for this game? Does it mean I'll not be able to control where it pops out?

SaphuA
08-06-2005, 09:02 AM
Read your PM please.

westech
08-06-2005, 11:26 AM
Does it mean I'll loose my rights for this game? Does it mean I'll not be able to control where it pops out?

In exchange for your sponsorship money you'll be giving up certain rights to your game:

--You must never distribute or allow to be distributed any copies of the sponsored game without our agreed upon logos and links in them.

--You must allow the game to be freely distributed and used by anyone on any website, provided that they do not modify the game in any way.

This does mean that if you accept a sponsorship offer from us you will not be able to control where the game pops up. It is highly likely that your game will appear on a large number of arcade websites.

If you can make more money by selling licenses for your game to individual websites then this program may not be the best option for you. For those who don't think they'll be able to beat what we offer by selling to individual webistes, or for those who want to still make some money while having the thrill of seeing just how popular their game can get as it spreads across the internet, I feel that our sponsorship program is a great option.

I've just responded to all PM's. Thank you to everyone who has shown interest.

me2222
08-06-2005, 11:40 AM
This "Sponsorship" of games isn't very satisfying.

1. An "awesome original" Flash game can make much more money than $ 50 - $1000

2. This "Sponsorship" don't allow to sell, license distribute the game later, as long as there is the crazy monkey games stuff in there. This means, no chance to get more money out of the "sponsored" game.

3. The games are freely distributed across the internet after this "Sponsorship". Noone wants to buy a game that is awailable for free and spreaded all over the web.

tomsamson
08-06-2005, 02:28 PM
the word "sponsorship" seems to be the main reason for me2222´s anger.
i get why you named it like that, as it seems like you´re really sponsoring games still in the works,too, but maybe it would be better if you really named it "selling with exclusive license" or similar.
everyone can then personally decide if its a good price for him to sell the rights you named for that certain game, the deal would just be more to the point and lead to less confusion.

on a sidenote, i don´t think there´s a reason to oppenly state that an offer appears satisfying or not in each case. if an offer sounds like real cheating, report it to a mod, otherwise i think all members can personally decide if an offer sounds good for them or not.

Planet
08-06-2005, 07:58 PM
on a sidenote, i don´t think there´s a reason to oppenly state that an offer appears satisfying or not in each case. if an offer sounds like real cheating, report it to a mod, otherwise i think all members can personally decide if an offer sounds good for them or not.

I agree with this in the sense that it doesn’t really matter to the rest of the community if one member or another likes the offer or not and therefore we should refrain from posting our opinions about the offer as this goes against the forum best practice of “Unrelated discussions should be kept to a minimum or taken off line.”

I think if a member is interested in the offer then they should use the contact information provided by the requester. If they are not interested then they should go on to the next post but keep their opinion about the offer to themselves, unless of course they know of some sort of unprofessional practices by the requester, in which case a moderator should be notified so that they can deal with it.

Once we get this stuff all figured out then we will clean up these threads but we should try to keep the comments about this new forum in the thread already started in the cl (http://www.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=643447) .

We really appreciate all of your comments so please keep them coming. :thumbsup:

me2222
08-07-2005, 03:18 AM
Well, If you don't want any personal opinions about an offer in this freelance-board you should disable the option to post here.

Some suggestions:
You should NOT allow to post things about unprofessional practices. This could be easily abused.

You should not allow to post about prices at all.

You should not allow to use "advertising" speech like:"we offer you a great option, job, whatever, etc.".

However, feel free to delete my posts.

Markp.com
08-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Well, If you don't want any personal opinions about an offer in this freelance-board you should disable the option to post here.

Some suggestions:
You should NOT allow to post things about unprofessional practices. This could be easily abused.

You should not allow to post about prices at all.

You should not allow to use "advertising" speech like:"we offer you a great option, job, whatever, etc.".

However, feel free to delete my posts.
I think you have valid and important points.

The thread starter hasn't even posted anything to show he is a credable person. I'd be very wary of people saying they'll just throw out the odd $1k per game here and there... Atleast until they post something to back up their claims! :)

SaphuA
08-07-2005, 04:59 PM
It would've been nice if you all would've discussed this with westech via PM, like I did. It's not very nice to openly state such opinions, especialy on such a touchy subject. There might've been people who were at first interested, but decided no too because of all the discussions going on here. Even though there are some good point made, it did make westech look a whole lot less professional, which is definatly not good for buisiness. Please think twice before making such posts next time, thank you :)

~Sph

me2222
08-07-2005, 05:18 PM
If someone makes an offer to the community, I still can have my opinion and take my right to say what I think about the offer. I this is not wanted here, disable replies. I have been thinking twice about it, reading about this in some other threads some days ago.

It was my personal opinion, I didn't wanted to look someone less professional or whatever. It is just, that I thought (and still think) that the conditions of this offer may not be the best for a game developer.

And other than Tomsamsom, I don't think that all members can decide what is good or not. :D
:doughnut:

westech
08-07-2005, 07:19 PM
The thread starter hasn't even posted anything to show he is a credable person. I'd be very wary of people saying they'll just throw out the odd $1k per game here and there... Atleast until they post something to back up their claims! :)

I can certainly understand your concerns. This can be a cut-throat industry and there are many dishonest people out there, so you're wise to be wary.

I take pride in having built a reputation of always dealing fairly and honestly with developers and everyone else I do business with. If anyone has a game they're seriously interested in submitting and has doubts about my credibility please email me (sponsor AT westech-hosting.com) and I will provide references.

Alternately, you can see all of the games we've sponsored through this program so far at http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/download.php . Many of these games contain links to the authors' websites, which have contact information for the author. I'm confident that if you contact any of these authors they will tell you that we dealt with them fairly and professionally.

adit_ya_sharma
08-08-2005, 03:16 PM
westech seems genuine, as far as I can see on his website.

tomsamson
08-08-2005, 09:00 PM
yeah,i heard of people doing business with crazymonkeygames,its all good =)

And other than Tomsamsom, I don't think that all members can decide what is good or not. :D
:doughnut:

thanks mate,yeah,there were some true points listed by mark (you really can´t know for sure each time of course if an offer is trustworthy) and others, and sure comments are welcome =)
but as saphua´s comment showed,the offer not sounding satisfying to one member may be great for the other,don´t fall in the trap to think you´ve got the one true for all cases opinion for each offer,i´ve been proven wrong enough times when i was sure i was right,so at least i know i´m right in the point that not all things right or wrong to me are seen the same by all others ;).
if a post seems really cheaty,as planet said,too,report it to the mods, otherwise if its just one you don´t like, don´t worry about it :doughnut:

Planet
08-08-2005, 09:43 PM
i´ve been proven wrong enough times when i was sure i was right,so at least i know i´m right in the point that not all things right or wrong to me are seen the same by all others ;).

Wow... thats really deep man :smoov:

tomsamson
08-09-2005, 12:00 AM
yeah,that´s how i sound after a day with too much coding :rolleyes: :smoov:

Archbob
08-09-2005, 10:14 PM
I think $1000 is pretty good for a med to high quality flash game. Say the average person makes $20-$25 dollars an hour(doesn't matter what profession), thats 40-50 hours of work your paying for.

EgoAnt
08-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Of course, I imagine the $1000 game would have to be pretty impressive. I would guess that the majority of games submitted would be in the $50 - $300 range

me2222
08-10-2005, 01:43 PM
@ Archbob & EgoAnt:

Don't know what country you are from, but you are pretty much wrong (well, you may be right, if you develop flashgames in India) :rolleyes:

EgoAnt
08-10-2005, 01:53 PM
Hahaha, I'm not saying that the games submitted would be WORTH only $50-$300. I'm saying they'd only pay that much. I agree that the games are worth more, but the truth is that how much people are willing to pay for games varies wildly from region to region.

I develop flash games in Canada, and where I'm from the average wage in my city for an experienced flash developer is less than you can make working as a parking attendant. Honestly. I looked it up, the city of Edmonton offers $15 - $18/hr for parking lot attendants, and most flash jobs in the city top out around $16. It's sick.

So for a lot of people, $1000 is quite a bit for a game. Not everyone has the leads, contacts, and business know-how to negotiate for what a game is actually worth.

Archbob
08-10-2005, 09:39 PM
@ Archbob & EgoAnt:
Don't know what country you are from, but you are pretty much wrong (well, you may be right, if you develop flashgames in India) :rolleyes:

Hmm, $20/ hour isn't bad in the United States. Its the average salary from most college graduates. $20/hour is about $40,000 per year.

I charge around $20-$25 an hour for freelance PHP scripting, so thats how much I pay for flash programming.

I've got a friend who produces flash at a local company, thats about how much he makes, nothing wrong with that wage.

Minimum wage in the US is around $6 per hour.
How much a game is worth depends on the time it takes to make it for me.

io3
08-31-2005, 02:49 PM
yeah,i heard of people doing business with crazymonkeygames,its all good =)

Sorry for the bump but wanted to say thanks to tomsamson for the above line. Especially, since after submitting my game to NG, I was contacted by CMG offering sponsorship. If I hadn't read the above line on this forum, I would've had questions but this way "it's all good".

Planet
08-31-2005, 04:32 PM
Thats great io3! :thumbsup: Thanks for letting us know. Now maybe some more of our folks can profit from westech's offer :smoov:

westech
09-20-2005, 01:39 PM
Thanks, io3! It was a pleasure working with you and I'm really looking forward to the next installment of your game.

I wanted to add an update to let everyone know that we are still offering paid sponsorships under the terms outlined at http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/sponsor.php . It's now possible for us to go over the $1000 amount mentioned in my first post if you have an exceptionally good game. We have decided that we will also consider purchasing truly exceptional games in the traditional manner instead of sponsorship if this is what the author prefers. Please send any questions or game submissions to sponsor@crazymonkeygames.com .

We will consider all types of games, but we're currently especially interested in:

--Games that take advantage of the new features in Flash 8 in order to stand out from games made under previous Flash versions.

--Multiplayer games