PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : how much do u all charge for web designing?

Nogol
10-16-2005, 05:25 AM
i'm not sure am i posting in the right section... but hope that i can get some help here.

i'm 16, a student. a friend of mine recomended me to someone and say that i can design webpages. she wants a website for her company.

1. how much do u all charge for this web designing service? not including buying a domain for client and finding a host for him/her.
do you guys charge more for fully flash webpages? or they just cost the same with the normal html stuffs?

2. do u all charge extra if client wants you to buy a domain and host for him/her?

3. do u design the graphics for client or ask client to give some photos for design?

my webdesigning experience is very little... the only 2 webpages i've done in flash are www.jasonpang.tk and www.ludwiglim.tk .
i only know a little flash mx. do a little photoshop and illustrator. i don't know much html codes...

please give me some advices...

Sybersnake
10-16-2005, 11:37 AM
#1, flash is more expensive usually. Average going rate for someone your age would be $9 an hour probably. Since I doubt your a flash expert, html and or flash would cost the same $9 an hour.

#2 charge the client $10 as a service fee for aquiring the domain for them.
#3 thats really a personal preference, i don't have one.

MyFriendIsATaco
10-16-2005, 11:27 PM
Really it all depends on how valuable you think your work is...Age doesn't matter...I'm 17 and I've done some jobs as high as $50/hr...It all depends on how you feel and the complexity...I don't really price jobs based on hours...I base them more on complexity and how much it is worth to me and a mix of how much it is worth to the client...Because some jobs I might be able to blow out in 2-3 hours straight of working...and there is no way that it is worth $18-$27 dollars...If I'm getting paid by the hour, there is no incentive to move quick...I price based on what the job is...That way, the faster I work, the quicker I get paid and can move on to the next job! :)

-just my 2 cents :yikes:

Nogol
10-17-2005, 06:15 AM
thanks Sybersnake and MyFriendIsATaco

well, i'm obviously not a pro in anything... so should i charge lower than the price???

any ways for me to imrove my designing skills?

Tobunshi
10-17-2005, 09:40 AM
A good way to get a good feel of drawing, designing, and animation is tracing. It gets you used to drawing straight lines, and a good feel with the mouse. ( unless you use a computer drawing pad...)
When I was new, I learned some new styles/techniques just by screwing around, just experiment.

JPnyc
10-17-2005, 01:14 PM
It's illegal in the US for members of a profession to discuss pricing. I have to close the thread