PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : flash with GPS?

geekstink
10-22-2005, 11:53 AM
does anyone know if there is a real possibilities that flash can integrate with GPS (global positioning system) device..?

or maybe something as for tracking device..

cheers all..

mobiledev
10-28-2005, 12:17 PM
yes, it is possible. If you can run flash on a mobile phone that connected to a GPS, then flash can be made to work with GPS.

geekstink
11-19-2005, 02:44 PM
would i need a c programming or java to do that or can i just use actionscript?

neway thanks for your reply...:D

Sybersnake
11-19-2005, 09:18 PM
uhh, c programming and Zinc (www.multidmedia.com) for Mobile Devices most likely.

skatemaster
11-21-2005, 06:22 AM
I think it would be easier to help if you told us on what system/ platform you like to develope this(pocket pc/palm/symbian/win xp etc..).
And also what kind of gps you have(built in, bluetooth ...).
Finaly how it should work, get a location when the user ask for it or stream data all the time.
I have some expierience with gps on both xp(tablet pc) and pocket pc. I have done this with eVB and C#, but never with flash, working on this myself right now =).

/magnus

alxsmth
03-16-2006, 10:23 AM
Hello i came accross this thread today, i am also wondering how i might go about using flash with a windows pda connected to a gps device, is the zinc the most straightforward way of doin this, I am proficent in flash but would like to avoid using java. There seems to be few tutorials on this subject. I would like fairly simple functionality for the moment just a grid that can take positions form the gps unit which i hear are transmitted as co-ordinates? Cheers guys, would apreciate any advice