PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : comissioning mobile app

Richard K
11-05-2005, 03:25 PM
hi, I'm tasked with commissioning a range of s'phone apps. and could do with some starter advice.

The apps each incorporate short animated sequences (3 seconds) which can be manipulated by the user (rewind/FF/pause/slow/frame step /zoom etc.). The source material is vector-based (Flash/illustrator).

Firstly, how possible is this?

What language/software would be employed?

How long would an app like this take to develop?

What should I look for in a developer?

General advice much appreciated!

Swashbuckler200
11-07-2005, 05:38 AM
hi, I'm tasked with commissioning a range of s'phone apps. and could do with some starter advice.

The apps each incorporate short animated sequences (3 seconds) which can be manipulated by the user (rewind/FF/pause/slow/frame step /zoom etc.). The source material is vector-based (Flash/illustrator).

Firstly, how possible is this?

What language/software would be employed?

How long would an app like this take to develop?

What should I look for in a developer?

General advice much appreciated!

Hi Richard K,

Firstly I'm by no means a flash mobile expert but I will try and help.

It would be possible to put standard vertor graphics (even bitmaps but they take up a lot of processing power) on your application.

Secondly I suggest you go to Macromedia's site and check out their mobile content section. There, you can download Flashlite (software) and their content development kit which should get you started, link (http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/devices/development_kits.html) . In terms of programming I believe the actionscript is that which was rolled out with Flash 4 so you may have to make some slight re-adjustments to your coding practices if you're unfamiliar with the language.

I can't really answer your question on how long it will take to complete the application as it depends on how good/quick the flash programmer is and what you want done. I'm pretty sure that it should take only a couple of weeks (max 4).
Hope that helps.