PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : movie problems ( i can't get them to work)

bean07
12-07-2000, 02:44 PM
Hi

I've just started using koolmoves.

The first problem i've got is that when i create a movie in koolmoves what option do click to save it because there are 3 and i'm a bit confused.

secondly, when it is saved and a try to get it into my web page it doesn't work. It comes up with a dotted box and when i hover my cursor over it, it says noflash.gif

what do i do to get it working? I am using Namo WebEditor v.2

Can you help me please?

johnie
12-07-2000, 03:47 PM
The 4 choices:

1. Save and Save as: This will save in the native Kool Move Format (FUN). FUN files can be edited but cannot be displayed over the web.

2. Export for Web> SWF- This creates a SWF file. The SWF is not editable but can be displayed over the web.

3. Export for Web> HTML with SWF- Writes a HTML with your SWF embedded in it. When you export with this option all you have to do is upload the HTML and SWF to your Web Server and you are done. (You will need to create a graphic and name it "noflash.gif" that displays when the page finds that Flash is not installed.)

4. Export for web> Screenshot saves the current Frame as a bitmap so that it can be imported into another graphic app that produces gif, avi, mng, ETC.

There are also a couple of other save options that you just don't know about. They are:

1. Edit> Paste to File. This command allows you to save selected shapes to file so that you can reuse those shapes.

2. Frames> Paste to File. After you have copied a frame or group of frames you can paste those frames to file and then re-use those frames. The allows you to create stock animations and then re-use those stock animations- very useful function.

johnie
12-07-2000, 03:58 PM
Oh Yeah, about your web editor. Your web editor cannot display Flash content so that is why the page shows the way it does. Very few WYSWIG Web editors can display SWF. Reactor is not WYSWIG but it does display the page as you code it. In other words if it is important for you to see the page as you design it then use a program like reactor or cup of coffee. Otherwise invest in a very expensive WYSIWIG (Not Front Page).