PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : best digital slr for motorsport/movement

phil-ray
12-15-2005, 07:31 PM
whats the best digital SLR i could get for taking photos of mainly track days/ rallys and more out door stuff, but also general photos like birthdays and what have u.

preferably 6 million pixels if not more

price would be 3 to 400 quid, maybe more if i can streach.

as long as the lens has a bit of zoom i should be ok, i would be upgrading the lens soon after i buy my new camera any way.

whats every ones recomendations?

also where would be the best place to buy a second hand digital camera?

ctranter
12-16-2005, 06:01 AM
whats the best digital SLR i could get for taking photos of mainly track days/ rallys and more out door stuff, but also general photos like birthdays and what have u.

preferably 6 million pixels if not more

price would be 3 to 400 quid, maybe more if i can streach.

as long as the lens has a bit of zoom i should be ok, i would be upgrading the lens soon after i buy my new camera any way.

whats every ones recomendations?

also where would be the best place to buy a second hand digital camera?

You want a 6mp digital slr and zoom lens for 300-400?

(I only know about canon)
I guess it would have to be a used 300d or 350d and something like the sigma 18-125mm.

Reall it will be pushing it on that budget I think.

Ideally for track sort of shots you probably want something fast and mid zoom like the canon 70-200 f/2.8L and a body with good fps like the 20d.. but that will cost.

phil-ray
12-16-2005, 04:34 PM
well 3 or 400 is a rough guide what would be witn in my budget but i can go above that and probably will.

even a semi slr type camera, better than the dimage Z2 i have now.

any way suggest any cameras that you think appropreate and ill give them a look.

thanks

WannaBe_80z
12-16-2005, 08:41 PM
If you are doing sports the 20D does 5fps on raw which is an awesome feature but the 350D can do 2.5 so it isn't that bad at all and a lot cheaper if you don't care about the other features the 20D has over the 350D(XT)

And as for lenses I am not up to date on them but you want to go atleast to a 200mm for sports to get close into the action.

phil-ray
01-12-2006, 04:22 PM
Sorry to bring this back up.

any way

been looking at the 350D but also got speeking to alot of photography friends and they say the nikon D70s would be a great camera to get. even above the 350d.

well after a good crimbo and a few more freelance graphics jobs my budget isnt as limited any more so i could go to around 800 at the most for the body and maybe a basic lens

then got a bit more for more lens;s as well