PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Should I go Commando??

el-Ignoramus
01-05-2006, 07:08 AM
So lately I've been posting some pics on My Account (http://topincognito.deviantart.com/) at DeviantArt, and I was faced by a 50%-50% situation, some people are liking the pics more without a Frame, others like the frames, so what do you peopel think??

you can check out the work and tell me what you think, I'll be a bit anal and post a poll about it

Thanks for your help

frex
01-05-2006, 07:23 AM
If you take a look at real paintings, they all have a Frame.
Why should a photograph not have one?
It has to be decent in a way, I mean it should "support" the photo and not dominate it.
It should match with the colours and finish and valorize it.
I personally like Frames! :)

el-Ignoramus
01-05-2006, 09:48 AM
I think that too, yet, it's a hassle to "make" frames to all your pictures, that are nice to the picture itself

and yet you didn't vote :)

robbmcaulay
01-05-2006, 10:03 AM
WITHOUT!

Or at least simplify them, lose the colours or keep them subtle, not like the red you used for your refraction image.

A simple black border can really bring out a photo. I think you need some sort of border against the green that DA uses :crazy:

:D

frex
01-05-2006, 10:08 AM
Here is my vote :)
el-Ignoramus, your Frames are to powerful...dominating the photos and not supporting them.
I agree with Rob...less often is more!

el-Ignoramus
01-05-2006, 10:44 AM
Robbie, I feel the love coming from your post ;)

so less is more, simple is beautiful, I can live with that

@frex, You;re giving me a seizure here ;)

First you like them, now you don't, one Alter Character at a time please ;)

WannaBe_80z
01-05-2006, 10:52 AM
I like the 2 simple borders people use. A nice gray or white with a slightly thicker black around that line or vice versa depending on the subject matter of course.

frex
01-05-2006, 10:55 AM
frex, You;re giving me a seizure here ;)

First you like them, now you don't, one Alter Character at a time please ;)

I said I like frames...I still do!

It is not controvers when I say:
It has to be decent in a way, I mean it should "support" the photo and not dominate it.
I agree with Rob who said "Simplify them or keep them subtle".

Your's are just a bit "overwhelming" ;)

Big Up Ya
01-05-2006, 12:17 PM
I like borders. Only subtle ones however. I would personally stick to white or black. It frames the images and provides a perimiter for the eye to wander around.

skate342
01-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Stroke > Inside> Black

on all my photos.