PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : koolmoves vs swish

WEB_GRAPHICS_GIRL
12-08-2000, 11:46 AM
HELLO THERE THIS QUESTION IS FOR ANYONE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHICH APPLICATION IS BEST TO BUY KOOLMOVES ARE SWISH
WHICH HAS THE BEST EFFECTS AND EASIER TO USE

johnie
12-08-2000, 12:20 PM
Curently Swish is a text effects creator and a raster graphic program while Kool Moves is a vector animation tool.

The two are very different programs and should not really be compared.

Kool Moves does have a built in Text Effects interface and with Kool Moves you can create your own text effects, save them, and then reuse or share them. Kool Moves also comes with many built in text effects plus when you purchase you can get many bonus effects. Pretty much Kool Moves has a text effects program built into (It's like owning Flash with Wildform SWFX or Flax built in) it which is useful but the real power of Kool Moves is its ability to create and animate vector drawings.

Swish will allow you to import Raster Graphics and then transform them and make simple animations with bitmaped graphics. Swish has a timeline interface (Like Flash) and is not overly animator friendly because animators typically look at Cel frames instead of thinking of things over a timeline. Animation in Swish is possible but the Swish animations tend to be larger than Kool Moves animations- Becuase Swish is using Bitmap graphics (JPG and GIF). Animation aside, Swish is a very handy program to have (And afordable to own for only $30).

Kool Moves was designed around the way that most animators work. You draw several Key Frames and then tweens are produced between Key Frames. Kool Moves auto produces the tween drawings for you. You can edit Tween frames by converting them to key frames. Kool Moves allows many file import options (JPG, PCX, PNG, TIF, EPS, EMF, DXF, and WMF)but allows you to use bitmaps only as fills for vector shapes. Kool Moves has a WYSWIG environment with a Visual Action and shape Property menu. This aproach to the animation process streamlines the process of animating thus allowing you to create fast quality animation.

Both Kool Moves and Swish are very easy to learn to use. Kool Moves interface is like many drawning aplications and is seems to be easier for people to learn who are familure with these interfaces while Swish has a Timeline and many people use to Flash find it easier to learn. I was able to use Kool Moves right after download while it took me about 1/2 of an hour to read all of the Swish documentation before I could use it.

WEB_GRAPHICS_GIRL
12-08-2000, 12:40 PM
Honey thanks alot I will try both ok