PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Working With Lines

fwhilton
12-08-2000, 04:24 PM
How do I fade an outline of an object?

And how come I can only have a line thickness of 4?

Thanks

BradBradleySL
12-08-2000, 05:25 PM
You can fade an outline by simply adjusting the transparency of the outline color.

You can work around the limit of 4, by making shapes your lines, 4 is a pretty good limit, what are you trying to do, maybe I can help?

Brad

johnie
12-08-2000, 05:26 PM
You change the transparancy setting of the objects border color.

Double click your shape. Then double click border color- then move the transparancy slider to the right and viola.

If you want a thicker border you can obtain it sorta like this:

Set the Fill of the Shape to gradient Fill (Radial) then hit the plus button.

This will add another pointer.

Slide the far left pointer to right before your new pointer and the space between these two pointers and the last pointer is you're new line border.

I hope that helps.

Another way you can make a larger outline is by copying the shape and setting it fill color to the same as the line color. Scale the copy and then send it behind the original. Then select both the original and the shape behind it by holding the shift key while you select it and then hit shapes> Group.

Bob Hartzell
12-09-2000, 02:32 AM
I will increase the maximum line thickness in the next version.

fwhilton
12-09-2000, 07:54 AM
Great!

Because some objects (say a Jewish Star) can be made much easier with a thick line then having to create several objects to get the same look.

The Star of David would be a good example. It would just be a few clicks with the line tool, set to 8 or 10 line thickness... and wha-la!

I really think this KoolMoves was a "cool move"!!!

Originally posted by Bob Hartzell
I will increase the maximum line thickness in the next version.