PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Adobe Lightroom

gesteves
02-04-2006, 06:14 PM
Have you tried this yet? Seems like a good alternative to Aperture (although I haven't tried Aperture yet), and has much lower system requirements, too.

Since there are a lot of photographers here, I thought some of you might like to try the beta, which is here (http://labs.macromedia.com/technologies/lightroom/) (Mac only, sorry).

a_slosh
02-05-2006, 12:53 AM
I've wanted to try it for a few weeks now but I'm on Windows - any idea how long until they release it?

gesteves
02-05-2006, 02:30 AM
What about a Windows version?
A Windows version of Lightroom is already under development, but is not yet ready for its public debut. The final, packaged versions for both platforms should be released within a few months of each other. As Microsoft is gearing up for a major operating system transition, and since Lightroom is a brand new product from Adobe, we are spending extra time on the Windows side to deliver the best design that will support our Windows customers today, while also building for the future

frex
02-05-2006, 02:54 AM
Lightroom is slower than Aperture and it does not offer some tools like Lightbox and Stacks.
It has a wider range of hardware acceptance and no usage of ICC camera profiles.
It is managing the photos at their original place in the filesystem and the converting quality and features are looking good.
Sure Adobe is going to improve these critical points...that is what a Beta is good for.
If Apple is going to improve Aperture it is not going to be easy for Adobe.

a_slosh
02-05-2006, 09:42 PM
hehehe

I read that on their site but they don't give anything specific, I was hoping someone may have heard something.

robbmcaulay
03-08-2007, 05:42 PM
So it's out... I wonder why they wouldn't email people who tried the beta?

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/

I'm downloading the Mac tryout now... I still can't believe it's only 34megs!

robbmcaulay
03-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Arite, mine has jammed on the Library Upgrade In Progress bar!

I uninstalled the Beta before trying this, any ideas?

1stbite
03-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Tried it, staying with Aperture... to slow on thumb viewing for my liking, and no additional features that I have use for.

frex
03-08-2007, 11:43 PM
I got an email note from Adobe but not sure if I would pay that much money...my Adobe Bridge is working alright at the moment.
But I will keep an eye on!